2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
My Precious
By Ben on 06/17/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the first car I have ever loved to drive. The performance on this car is outstanding, and the gas mileage is great out on the highway. It is heavier than my friends RSX Type S, so it doesn't have the get up and go, but has smooth torque curve from the start. The shifter is placed perfectly, and the engine revs easily. Some design cues are hot, but the ugly plastic gas cover is horrible.

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By mtsgt on 05/30/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great vihicle if maintenace kept up on. I've never had any major problems with this car. Had to have the radio replace twice (could not get a display). Great to drive, reliable and good performance.

Fun to Drive
By irish girl on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The first week I had this car I was rear ended at a traffic light. I realized that this was a great car as it did not even get a dent. It is built solid as a rock. I currently drive 140 miles a day highway and the car can keep up with the best of them. I am looking to trade it in for a new Spyder. I have no doubt that my 2000 vehicle will give a new owner much pleasure for years to come.

First Car
By Swimster144 on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I love everything about this car -- performance, looks, and reliability. The V6 w/ 5 spd is awesome. The tranny is very smooth. The infinity sound system is sweet! The suspension handles well, although I wish it were a little stiffer. I have aftermarket wheels on it, since the stock wheels were not my favorite, but other than that the exterior design of this car is awesome. The modern look of the interior and dashboard makes it a fun car to be in.

Great Car
By Keldot on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for four years now and absolutely love it. It is a heavy car which is great in winter driving conditions as well.

Still catches my eye
By cjsmith on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great looking, great sounding, pretty fun to drive car. When I brought it home the first day, my brother asked me if it came with a speeding ticket. It just looks like you should be driving it hard. I mostly use it on weekends, but occasionally drive it to work on snowy days. It handles surprisingly well in the snow. My only doubt in buying this car is whether it would hold up over the long run. After almost five years, it's still doing everything that I expect. It's nice to have a car that still catches my eye and makes me glad to own it two years after it was paid for!

I love it
By Julie Reynolds on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

It is a very reliable vehicle, also the vehilce is very good driving through the snow.

Great experience
By Mahaan on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

It's been a fun car *and* reliable & economical to boot. Good-looking and practical! Have not had any repair issues even at 75K miles. It is sporty, yet can be roomy enough in a crunch. Lower the rear backrests, and there's considerable luggage space. Don't like the rear visibility esp. with the rear spoiler.

Great Car, but weak
By ipeechmango on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I've loved the car since i've had it, but a couple weeks ago I got into an accident going no more than 35 probably, and it's totaled. Weakly built. And it was a hard impact, the airbags didn't go off.

I like it
By caral on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I use my vehicle to haul all sorts of equipment as well as landscape materials. It has a lot of room with the fold down read seats. I only wish the back of seats and floor area in the back were carpet rather than the felt-like material. Very hard to clean. Been very reliable, with no problems whatsoever.