Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Sporty n good lookin car
By Christy

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car in '07 with 70k, now it has 86k and still runs smooth. The only thing that I've had to replace so far were the motor mounts.. Other than that the car has been reliable and hasn't given me any problems *knock on wood* Of course, any car will last you provided you don't floor it every second and keep up with regular maintenance. Quick (v6) and fun to drive with the sportronic, nowhere near a manual tho, Decent ride on the roads. Believe it or not after 9 yrs it still turns some heads! Opening the hatch is great resistance exercise for my arms ;) Comfortable for me in the front but I feel sorry for whoever has to sit in the back but hey, that's a 2door for ya!

Love the exterior design, I always look back at it (lol). Leather interior's nice too. Stock exhaust sounds sweet, I pity those who replace it. Sound system's pretty good as well.

Nasty blind spots, seatbelt cuts onto neck as someone said earlier, sunroof needs a lil push to open completely. A lil bit more power wouldn't hurt but that's resolved in the 4g. Overall, I'm happy with my white baby!

Ready to go
By 159,000

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost two years. I have had to replace the catalytic converter, some gaskets and right now I have to replace the solenoid switch. I still love my car.

cd player.

Love at first drive ...
By Mike in StLouis

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this 2000 Eclipse GT since it was new. Okay, it was a dealer demo, so it had 3k on it when I bought it but I've enjoyed every mile since. The silver bullet was a good choice for me. From the moment that I sat in the scooped out driver's seat, I knew that this was the car for me. I am happy to report that I've had to do VERY LITTLE unexpected work and I'm at 127,000 miles. I've done the typical routine stuff, such as timing belts (important), tires, accessory belts, etc, but the really only unexpected repair came a few weeks ago in the form of a bad fuel pump. Let me say it again, 127k and this was my first unexpected repair. I'm still on my original clutch!

The clutch is easy to use, the strong performance of the V6, the fantastic fuel economy (usually 27-29mpg with mostly highway driving), the excellent sound system, and the timeless good looks. Great highway cruiser! The interior fits me like a glove too. And it can really scoot in the snow!!!

While I have VERY FEW complaints about this car, the galactic turning radius is insane for a car this size. Parallel parking and u-turns are a pain. A couple of the interior plastic bits have not aged well, but we're talking about a nine-year old car here ... so it's expected at this point.

107,000 miles and it's a beast!
By Jonathan

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The eclipse is my favorite car. At first I wanted the gts but since it was a 6 cyl I held off but I tuned this baby up I got a full cat back exhaust and cold air intake on it which makes it fly like the wind. The car is really fun to drive and handles great. My only problem was that I had to replace the slave cylinder maybe the guy who had it before me did not know how to drive but I had it for almost 2 years and I love it.

The performance and handling. great sound system. Fun to drive!

Cup holders are oddly placed but that is it.

200,000 miles - here I come
By NowAPorscheDrivertoo

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Picked up my Solano Red GT in 2000 and I went thru 2 faulty side air bag changes in the very first month. I almost felt that I landed a lemon but was convinced other wise by Mitsu techs. Well, I will celebrate 8yrs of owning this marvelous car (my first ever new sports car) this 7th of June. Design - The exterior SST styling in this 3G GT - in my opinion - beats any G of the Eclipse.Performance - V6 with 205 hp - enough to pass quickly and stretch the odo (once in a while) Fuel economy - 26-27 avg on regular gas. Driving a 2000 Boxster S for the last 2 yrs, but the Mitsu is my daily road warrior with 157,000 mi and going...

Ergonomic seating and access to the dashboard controls. Roomy for a sports coupe too.

Turning radius is quite bad so anticipate it to be larger than even SUVs or Trucks. Cup holders could have been better located. Rear view limited though so careful when you backup or parallel park.