2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Sporty n good lookin car
By Christy on 04/23/09 23:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car in '07 with 70k, now it has 86k and still runs smooth. The only thing that I've had to replace so far were the motor mounts.. Other than that the car has been reliable and hasn't given me any problems *knock on wood* Of course, any car will last you provided you don't floor it every second and keep up with regular maintenance. Quick (v6) and fun to drive with the sportronic, nowhere near a manual tho, Decent ride on the roads. Believe it or not after 9 yrs it still turns some heads! Opening the hatch is great resistance exercise for my arms ;) Comfortable for me in the front but I feel sorry for whoever has to sit in the back but hey, that's a 2door for ya!

Ready to go
By 159,000 on 01/25/09 16:09 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost two years. I have had to replace the catalytic converter, some gaskets and right now I have to replace the solenoid switch. I still love my car.

Love at first drive ...
By Mike in StLouis on 07/23/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this 2000 Eclipse GT since it was new. Okay, it was a dealer demo, so it had 3k on it when I bought it but I've enjoyed every mile since. The silver bullet was a good choice for me. From the moment that I sat in the scooped out driver's seat, I knew that this was the car for me. I am happy to report that I've had to do VERY LITTLE unexpected work and I'm at 127,000 miles. I've done the typical routine stuff, such as timing belts (important), tires, accessory belts, etc, but the really only unexpected repair came a few weeks ago in the form of a bad fuel pump. Let me say it again, 127k and this was my first unexpected repair. I'm still on my original clutch!

107,000 miles and it's a beast!
By Jonathan on 06/26/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The eclipse is my favorite car. At first I wanted the gts but since it was a 6 cyl I held off but I tuned this baby up I got a full cat back exhaust and cold air intake on it which makes it fly like the wind. The car is really fun to drive and handles great. My only problem was that I had to replace the slave cylinder maybe the guy who had it before me did not know how to drive but I had it for almost 2 years and I love it.

200,000 miles - here I come
By NowAPorscheDrivertoo on 06/02/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Picked up my Solano Red GT in 2000 and I went thru 2 faulty side air bag changes in the very first month. I almost felt that I landed a lemon but was convinced other wise by Mitsu techs. Well, I will celebrate 8yrs of owning this marvelous car (my first ever new sports car) this 7th of June. Design - The exterior SST styling in this 3G GT - in my opinion - beats any G of the Eclipse.Performance - V6 with 205 hp - enough to pass quickly and stretch the odo (once in a while) Fuel economy - 26-27 avg on regular gas. Driving a 2000 Boxster S for the last 2 yrs, but the Mitsu is my daily road warrior with 157,000 mi and going...

Over 115,00 and still running
By Toledored on 04/23/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I was third owner and bought with 68,000miles. It is 4 years later and over 115,000 miles and running great! Very impressed with its high performance and handling. Still zippy and fun to drive; handles very well in snow, as long as it's not too deep as the car sets low. Have had issues with aluminum rims and having to replace tires that won't seal the rims. Added a remote start so car heats quickly in cold. Had to replace shocks initially, but no problem in 4 years.

Fun but costly
By CoupeDriver on 04/23/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I just sold my Mitsubishi Eclipse after owning it for 2.5 years. The repair costs for this car in the 2.5 years I owned it were equal to 90% of the purchase price of the car. I loved the car but just couldn't afford to keep paying for everything it needed done to it. At least it never stranded me. I miss my car; it was so much fun to drive.

Great Car!
By Skyler on 04/01/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought it used at about 50,000 miles, and only had to replace the clutch and tires from the original. Believe it or not the brake pads have never been replaced in eight years! No major problems, only maintenance costs. Very reliable car. Alright in snow. And for some reason every girl that sees it falls in love with it. Thats never a bad thing. I drive all in the city and still get 25 mpg in the winter, and 28 in the winter.

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By Great Ride on 02/13/08 09:59 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my silver 00 Eclipse GT in October of 99 off the showroom floor with 7 miles on the odo. I have 73000 miles on the car as of Jan 2008 and have never had any issues, just regular maintainance. It's been the most fun car I've ever owned. It spends the night in the garage so it still looks showroom new. The only minor warranty issues were that the left foot rest pad broke off, dealer replaced for free. Rear speakers lost some power and dealer couldn't figure out why. Original tires lasted 60K miles, and I replaced the rear brakepads early due to uneven wear. I would recommend a mitsubishi to anyone.

I am still driving it and it has 36,868
By Eclipse driver on 11/08/07 14:06 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

My car has never given me one bit of trouble. I loved it from the first time I saw it. It is red. I am the only owner and bought it new from the showroom. The only problem I have had was the check engine light that has come on twice since I have had it. It is on now so I hope this is not the beginning of problems. I did find out that if you do not screw the gas cap until it clicks at least 4 times that the check engine light could come on. I think the gas cap is a little loose now, which may be the problem. Had it checked today and said the engine was fine so don't know why the light won't go off. I will investigate but it still drives as good as ever. I just love my car... everything!