2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Loved This Car
By webmaiden on 07/28/06 21:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car brand new in 8-00. I have never had a minute's trouble except one time when the battery died. Other than that, I kept up with the normal maintenance, including oil changes, filters, tire rotations, tranny flush, timing belt, etc. I absolutely loved this car. I had it until the other day when a car ran a red light and I hit it. The airbags deployed and I walked away without a scratch. The car, however, suffered more damage than it was worth. I was very upset about having to give it up. I'd probably buy another Eclipse, but would definitely upgrade. P.S. I got a great insurance settlement!

Love at first drive!
By Amy on 07/25/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

My Eclipse is absolutely the car of my dreams. I wouldn't have another car..especially for my first car. It's been a great gas saver--about 300 miles to the tank which costs 25 dollars to fill up! Ahhh, it really was love at first drive!

good in winter
By Alison on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I didn't set out to buy this car, was sort of conned into it by a boyfriend, then stuck with it when he didn't buy it off of me like he said he would. When I moved to Vermont I thought no way this car would last one winter. Now I'm on my third winter. I put on studded snow tires and this car handles better than a 4x4. People are surprised when I tell them. Sure it still can't handle deep snow, but roads are usually plowed, so it's not a problem. It's amazing how much you can fit in the hatch.

Such a fun car!
By Va Beach on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my doodle-mobile! It's cute, fun, reliable and an overall pleasure to drive. It's a perfect single person's car. And, the hatch provides ample space for luggage or just about anything you need to haul. My next car will be an upgrade to the GTS . . Mitsubishi did it right with this cutie!

RS Review
By maverick74 on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

After owning the '00 eclipse RS for 3.5 years, overall i can say that the eclipse is decent car, its beautiful,reliability has been good, but performance and handling are little better than my 87 escort. Acceleration is decent but the car is too heavy. The front brakes have been a constant problem since i have owned the car.(brake vibration coming from front) Steering is slow and body roll is pronounced...not too much fun on curvy roads. Lots of road noise at highway speeds. The vehicle comes stripped bare in the RS trim so if you can afford it, go for the GS or GT. While i have fixed mine up, its better to get all the accessories from the beginning.

Good car for the money.
By Zhenia on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought mine in June of 2000. Since then I put 65,000 miles on it. Overall, I am happy with it. The price for it was just under $18K. The 0-60 time is rather slow, about 8.6 secs. I would have liked it to be faster. The back seats are cramped. However, the front seats are rather comfortable and arch my back very well. I like the stereo system. It's loud and pretty clear for my ears. I like the looks of an Eclipse. In my opinion Celicas are plain ugly so I went with Eclipse. So far I havent had any major problems or repairs other than your usual change oil, brakes, tires routine.

Always trust Mitsu.
By Krissie on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

Very skeptical when I purchased. Nice handling though, very smooth, not much power though. RS couldn't get up hill past 30 mph. Overall I'm pleased. I was already not expecting much, but it's more trustworthy then I thought it would be. Just make sure you do your homework.

Always trust Mitsu.
By krissie on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Eclipse
By kenny7118 on 03/04/02 15:03 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

Love the car. Needs more power. Too much in insurance.