Used 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Great first car!
By lawrence

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

For the two years which I've had my car its been great, especially because it has hardly cost me much on repairs. With 18" rims the look is great and sporty, and a loud exhaust to top it off, love the way it turns heads, it's been a great first car and hope to keep it till it dies out!

sporty look, good gas mileage

better sound system

The Perfect First Car!
By Mares

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car and it was wonderful! I bought it in 2002 and it ran well for about 7 years without any major issues. The timing belt went but it's likely on all eclipses. It rides well and is very sporty looking. I'd recommend this car to anyone.

The sporty look, the size, and sunroof

power windows and locks

Extremely Unreliable
By RK

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Like may youngsters, I chose Eclipse to be my first car out of the college in 12/06. With the lil money I could spend, I wanted a decent sports car but this one is highly unreliable. To name a few problems - engine oil leaks heavily, door handles broken, power window button set broken, poor battery and alternator system, cheap brakes, emission problems, bad oxygen sensors and poor efficiency 17mpg in the city and about 21mpg on hwy to name a few. It broke several times on the road and would not start and got it towed at least 5 times in the last 2 years. However, when it runs it is fun to drive and looks great from outside and inside.

Looks great, leather interior, fun to drive when it runs.

Reliability, better electronics, more power and better mpg efficiency, audio system.

Love this car!
By Frank

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this used car in 2001 with 20k mileages. I drove it for almost 8 years without major problem. The several minor problems: Remote Locker on the left door not work well, sometime would not unlock or lock. I had 1 accident due to rain wet road, crashed the left tire and front bumper after slipped into the shoulder of road. Fixed and runs good. Right now it is 74k and still runs good. I would want to keep it until 200k but due to my wife can't drive 5 speed manual so I have to give it up.

Sport feeling, Cool looking

none

Awesome Ride
By EclipseJr

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

The car is awesome, it runs beautiful and the roar you get from flooring becomes addicting. I haven't had a problem with the car. I was never interested in one but my friend urged me and I don't regret it at all. Its hard not flooring the pedal especially after adding bolt-ons.

The body looks great. For being stock is pretty low. Turbo spoiler, sunroof, power everything.

MORE POWER!!!!