1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - Consumer Reviews

GSX 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
By bryan1x on 09/05/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car used and I've had it for around 10 years now and counting. I've honestly have had no problems with my car, it's always been reliable since the day I bought it. For the past 4-5 years I've modified the car and race in the SCCA with it. It puts out 300hp on a dyno. This car beats SVT Mustangs and Corvettes around the circuit, and even beat a Dodge Challenger 6.1 HEMI in a drag race. It has the 4G63 engine, which is the same engine as the Mitsubishi EVO. With that in mind and the all wheel drive and turbo, these cars are unique and getting hard to find. I will never sell my car.

Sick ride
By quiksilver38 on 12/05/05 23:21 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

The Mitsubishi Eclipse is very expensive to maintan, yet very fun to drive. It eats gas if you have a heavy foot and it takes only premium, which can be expensive. With around $1,000 in modifications, you'll easily be able to get 250+ hp.

Eclipse Turbo - Great Car
By ga2co2gamw on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Fabulous Car. Has not caused a single problem. Only reason I plan to sell is that this car is not suited to a family of four. Even my wife, who does not like to drive with manual trasmission, loves to drive the Eclipse.

Awesome Car
By Andrew Morse on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This car is an awesome machine, 4 cylinder with v8 power. Very stylish and i just love it. wouldnt change a thing. 17's from the factory. Spend $600.00 on performance parts and your in the 13's for a 1/4 mile. This thing rules!

peer fun
By acs on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

nothing but fun to drive

AWD Rocks
By Black99GSX on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car used back in October 2001. I traded in a 2000 Eclipse GT for this car. And by far, the GSX has thrilled me everytime I drive it. Great performance for a car. Everyone who've I've taken for a spin in it has fallen in love and is impressed as much as I am when driving it.

GSX is a great machine
By Tony Bologna on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I love driving this car!!! Ever since the day I test drove it I fell in love with it. The ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE truly makes a difference. I'm impressed with this plant as well you can easily pump 300hp from this car with a few modifications.

Incredible modification platform
By hyp3r_mc on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought a 1999 Eclipse GSX in the summer of 2001, white w/ black leather interior. The 1999 version of the eclipse quite unique in that it offers standard limited slip differential, anti-lock brakes, and, for the first time, has a black leather interior option. Now for the good stuff - this car is easily modified to 400+ HP and has possibly the strongest 2.0 liter 4 cylinder ever built. Total investment into my car is just under 20K (including the price of the car!), and I am running 4 second 0-60 times. Ferrari performance for pennies. What a value!

Wow.
By Mr. Mitsubishi on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought my GSX brand spankin new off the lot in 1999, and wow- what a car. This baby packs a wallup- if you know what I mean. The AWD system allows you to hook up all those ponies when you step on it, and makes it much safer in the winter as well. I got more speeding tickets in this thing than any other car, ever. However, they never caught me top-speed testing her, and that's a good thing. 133 is way fast enough for me. Oh, and it's a very comfortable car at speed, or just crusing around in as well.