1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T - Consumer Reviews

GS-T 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
This car eats up gas
By b.garhid on 09/07/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car is beautiful, but non reliable had it for a month and the starter died, the battery died and did I mention it gets 12 mpg city and a decent 18 mpg highway the car is pretty fast though but I hate it when a neon srt-4 can beat me and get better gas mileage at the same time

Turrrrrbo
By soundbarrier on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

great little car, other than planned maint. I have had no problems with this car.

Wow...you were owned
By BreakNeckSpeed on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Let me tell you. After buying the car new what has impressed me most is the cost to maintain the vehicle. This was my first Mitsubishi, and after owning several Toyota products, what a welcome relief at the parts counter. This car is fast stock, but it's fun to add something new now and then to liven up the atmosphere out on the highway. 120k miles on the clock, and still strong.

Bought this new in 1998
By Texaseclipse on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

GS-T..I bought this car new in 98 and have 62K miles on it. I have only changed the tires and battery. Replaced the filter with K&N and thats it. Very fast and great car to own. Drive to work every day at 90 to 100+MPH (early morning highway) for 6 years and engine does not complain. Top speed I have had it at 145. I have recently went to mobile one oil just to keep things trouble free. If you can get one that has not been beat on grab it!

What a fun car!
By musclehead on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car has served me well through several yers of outside sales work. It is fun to drive; unique and sharp to look at; easy to get in and out of; sound system is awesome; low maintenance and the quality in workmanship is good.

Eclipse GST
By Eclispe Freek on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car is absolutely the biggest bag for the buck that you could get back in 1998. This car excelerates fast, corners well, and has nice smooth engine sounds.

Love it
By KennyB on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Had no problems yet. My friend has a 97 spyder and loves it too. We are street racers and these are great cars to soop up. They turn lots of heads and even if you dont race...It is a great car.

I love my car.. It's has been good to me
By Isimiyake on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I got my car in October of 1997 as a birthday present. It is the 98 model. My car had 9 miles on it when it was purchased. It now has 112K. I have not had ANY major problems with my car. Yes, I did have to replace the harmonic balance about a year and a half ago but other than that I had no major problems. For those of you just starting out I must say you have a great car. The check engine light came on about 4 months ago and it turned out to be just a wire needing to be replaced. I have the 5 speed and it is so much fun to drive. I am now in the market for a SUV (more room) but I am keeping my Eclipse and will do so for many years to come.

Eclipse review
By Inkburrower on 03/01/02 21:50 PM (PST)

Nice car