1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - one long fun ride

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

GSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

one long fun ride
By jplgsx on

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Bought this used in '98. I had no idea what a great car I had purchased. AWD and turbo for a bargain price. I have mintained this car very well and could not resist adding some of the modifications available. I took it out on to the road racing track and surprised Corvettes and RX7 turbo cars. This is a very special car that unfortunately Mitsubishi no longer makes. The Evolution 8 is the only thing close.

Favorite Features

It has to be the AWD and turbo, but there is so much room under the hatch. This is a great car for road trips - as long as you watch your right foot! It is very easy to find you are going a lot faster than you think you are.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the leather was very poor. Tanned elephant skin. Changed it out for a full Katskin interior. The front ball joints need to be looked after carefuly. There are some minor faults, but there is nothing like it for the price. I laugh at Porches that cost 100 time what I paid for mine