1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
The best import
By Peterr on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Fastest car i have ever driven, turbo goes at about 60 thousand miles and timing belt too, needs to be changed after that the car will perform almost new and stays or beats almost any new cars out there.

Amazing Car
By Army CPT on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought my Eclipse in June of '97 after graduating from college and have never regretted the decision. Great performance from a turbo 4-cylinder and outstanding winter handling by the AWD. Unfortunately, I'm selling it this fall to upgrade to a more family oriented vehicle. It's too bad that Mitsubishi stopped making Turbos.

Excellent Choice
By Niclipse97 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Straight up. This car is beautiful. I love the way it feels when your zoomin by other cars out there. Yes, they should've made it have a bigger engine with more horsepower. But then again it would've added more weight. But still an all around great car. I love my baby.

Uphill monster
By Sideburns McGee on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I was lucky enough to buy a used GSX with amazingly low miles. After just a few drives, I can see why the car's 4G63 engine is so revered. The car excels at uphill climbs and high speed maneuvering. Sadly, at low speeds it turns like a boat due to its drivetrain.

I eat V ATE(8) MY DUST
By GSXRATED on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I spent over 1 year finding my 97 GSX. This is the 2nd GSX that i have owned and i like this one much better.(1ST Eclipse was a 1991) This is a high maintenance vehicle. You must change oil and all other fluids as specified in the owners manual. My car has 46000 miles on it now and runs GREAT!!!! I have many bolt on mods INJEN AIR INTAKE, 1ST GEN BOV, UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPE, GREDDY PROFEC B BOOST CONTROLLER, AUTOMETER GUAGES AND POD, 3IN MANIFOLD BACK EXHAUST, DENSO IRIDIUM PLUGS, JACOBS WIRES ETC... Beware modding your car gets very addicting. I eat up Mustangs, Camaros, VW's, Hondas etc.

1997 Eclipse GSX
By 97GSX Owner on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car brand new in 1997. In stock form, performs very good and it's fun to drive. After all this years I still love it and don't plan on selling it. The AWD system means a lot of grip. I have driven this car so hard for 96K miles and the engine is still running very strong and no oil consumption. I am impressed by that. No problems with anything, except that that turbo went under 72K but it was replaced under warranty . Everything else ... no problems!

97 ECLIPSE GS
By E. CLIPSE on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car with 35,000 miles on it. In two years I put 74,000 miles on it and have had MAJOR issues. Since I bought it I have had to replace the transmission, all belts, brakes 4x, rotors 2x, power steering pump, and tires. It is a great, fun car to drive but it didn't hold up to well to all the highway driving. Would reccomend, but under 40k miles and with turbo..straight 4 is too small.

Great Car
By Lior on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Fun To Drive Handles great.. awesome speend you will smoke most cars on the street with this car

FAST !!!!
By assubanipal on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This is a great car ... I really enjoyed it ... drove up and down the mountains in Colorado in every type of snow conditions. Never got stuck believe it or not. There is so much power on those 4 tires, it's amazing. Ended up plowing the snow off the road when it got over 7 inches.

Great Car
By REX on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

These are great cars for the enthusiasts out there. They're not the BEST handling sports cars around (they're a little heavy) but they provide great acceleration in turbo form. The clutch feels great and the shifter is smooth and strong, but they tend to have a slight difficulty getting into third gear. This particular body stlye is timeless, a real work of art. Mine has 110,000 miles and no problems at all. Mitsubishi makes a great car. Overall a very fun and reliable car.