Converted Mustanf fanatic
By Chriswester on
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD
As a huge Mustang 5.0 fan of the 80's, I was frustrated that all three of the GT's I owned left me on the side of the road at some point in time, so I bought a 1992 Eclipse GSX. This car was so much better in every respect, POWER, STYLING, HANDLING and Comfort, especially since I'm 6'4". My insurance agent also loved me because of all the safety features including the auto seatbelts, ABS and AWD. I drove this car until 120000 miles, than traded it in on the 1996 GSX. WOW. I couldn't imagine my car could be any better, but I was wrong. You can tell how great this car is by looking in the want ads...they are NEVER there.
Favorite Features
Low center of gravity combined with All- Wheel drive and 210 horsepower (Stock!). Mine came with a CD changer located in the trunk, power sunroof, garage remote made into the visor and more.
Suggested Improvements
You have to know the rear seat are for either children, or your briefcase. After 96, Mits. made a bunch of design flaws, like putting the 3rd brakelight in a box mounted on the rear window. 1996 was the finest year for the Eclipse or the 3000GT.