Used 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T

GS-T 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )

Too Much Power!
By Justin

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car has so much power stock, and it drives like a dream. It pulls so hard off the line by the time the turbo kicks in you are already screaming by! The stock T-25 turbo is a little on the small side, but it does spool up fast, minimal turbo lag. The motor can handle more boost as is, and you can add a boost controller for 20 bucks to crank it up.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is obviously the turbo. Second, the high-revving 4G63T. Third, the leather interior. Fourth, the body style and fifth, the 2G-A bumpers look good.

Suggested Improvements

Swap on a larger turbo as soon as you can, at least a 14B (the turbo from the 1st gen) add a strut brace, boost controller, boost gauge, and a short shifter and you will be golden.

By japanesewerkz

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This model is most wanted model, but the engine, tranny, and car in general were just the worst. At first this car ran great, got decent fuel economy, good shifts, and a beautiful BOV sound from the turbo. Then came an easy winter and this car fell apart on me. :( I took very good care of it. Religious oil changes, new coolant, tranny fluid, filters the regular stuff. I even bought an Apexi N1 exhaust for this car. Made it sound so sweet. The car went through highways mostly and one day the check engine light appeared. Oxygen sensor was my thinking ona 125k car. Changed them and it went away. Day later the alternator and suspension itself broke. Not even TLC will keep this car alive.

Favorite Features

TURBO baby! Sexy shape! People will get jealous quick. lol. Great aftermarket parts. Lots of forums for this model. Possibly the sexiest and best eclipse by Mitsubishi. Great handling. Quick car.

Suggested Improvements

Fix everything. Door handles will fall off. Suspension parts are worser than a KIA. Better engine that does not crankwalk. Better tranny. Fix trunk locks. Fuel dosent always show correct info. Smallest back seat ever built in a hatchback. Locks dont lock?!? Engine components lack the word reliablity. Worst tranny on a turbocharged car. Fix some rust issues up. Power windows lock up themselves. Power mirrors are a joke. Oil leaks even from a well maintained car. Paint sucks and chips. Spoiler fades color and has no way of being fixed but other than by being repainted. 6ft friend cant even sit in front seat. Cruise control was worst I have seen.

best bang for the buck
By dsmlover4life

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I bought my gs-t in early 2004 with 94k on the clock. I added a 16g turbo, ported manifolds, 3" down pipe and exhaust (no cat) 550cc injectors, apexi fuel control and boost control. When properly tuned this car would pull away from ZO6 Corvettes from a roll. I loved this car, it has been my 3rd DSM so far and the fastest. All I ever put into it was regular maintenance. The motor never failed to start up, even on cold mornings, and ran smooth alsways despite being raced at the track and on the street. I always had boost set at 17psi and the car never complained!!

Favorite Features

4G63 powerplant. Bottom line.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cheap plastic interior parts. And just sell the car with a 16g+ sized turbo from the factory.

By eclipse4g63

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for a month. I got it from my uncle who bought if from an auction, so I have no idea what it's history is. But I do know that it was originally bought in NC (I'm in MI)...explains most of the 142k miles on it. Sometimes it won't shift into reverse or first gear, and it takes two or three tries to cold start the car. I believe that the charcoal gray paint is not the original, and the coilover springs that were left on it make for too harsh of a ride. But other than that, I love the car. The car picks up and pulls pretty quickly. The turbo takes a sec to spool but once it does, it's a very fast car for a 4cyl. The BOV sounds amazing (equivalent to the sound of air brakes)

Favorite Features

Sound of turbo, sound of BOV, transmission shifts good except for those random times it won't shift into first and reverse.

Suggested Improvements

Moving the placement of the gearshift back so that my huge hands won't keep hitting the radio with each shift into 1st, 3rd, and especially 5th. Probably would have suited the car best to fit it with a 4G63T from the Evo.

Outstanding car
By atty

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I bought a new GS-T in burnt orange with leather, sun-roof and 5-speed. I thought it was one of the prettiest cars I've ever owned and I got compliments on its looks up til when I traded it in 2001. The only thing that ever went wrong with the car was the outside door handle broke at about 70,000 miles. It was a lot of fun to drive, very fast, stuck like glue in corners and got great gas mileage (25-30).

Favorite Features

Power, gas mileage, looks, dependability.