1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Super fun...10% of the time
By broomfast on 05/16/14 06:06 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I fell in love with this car when I was 11. It looks so good! So I bought one and it is really fun to drive. Not too slow, awesome handling...when it's running. I have owned this for 3 months and drive lightly. It has literally spent more time broken than fixed. All of the engine/cooling components are cheap, not very well put together and need replacing evey 60,000 miles. You basically have to buy a new car at 120,000 miles (which is right when I purchased mine). I have bought mine twice already and it is currently sitting in my driveway waiting for me to flush the cooling system and find out why I'm overheating.

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
By eclipse4g63 on 11/13/11 07:48 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for a month. I got it from my uncle who bought if from an auction, so I have no idea what it's history is. But I do know that it was originally bought in NC (I'm in MI)...explains most of the 142k miles on it. Sometimes it won't shift into reverse or first gear, and it takes two or three tries to cold start the car. I believe that the charcoal gray paint is not the original, and the coilover springs that were left on it make for too harsh of a ride. But other than that, I love the car. The car picks up and pulls pretty quickly. The turbo takes a sec to spool but once it does, it's a very fast car for a 4cyl. The BOV sounds amazing (equivalent to the sound of air brakes)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
By japanesewerkz on 09/05/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This model is most wanted model, but the engine, tranny, and car in general were just the worst. At first this car ran great, got decent fuel economy, good shifts, and a beautiful BOV sound from the turbo. Then came an easy winter and this car fell apart on me. :( I took very good care of it. Religious oil changes, new coolant, tranny fluid, filters the regular stuff. I even bought an Apexi N1 exhaust for this car. Made it sound so sweet. The car went through highways mostly and one day the check engine light appeared. Oxygen sensor was my thinking ona 125k car. Changed them and it went away. Day later the alternator and suspension itself broke. Not even TLC will keep this car alive.

Would buy another - if I could find one!
By Kat on 02/07/10 10:58 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this Eclipse a little over a year ago and loved it to death. It had 115K on it with 14K on a rebuilt engine and I did not have any problems with it whatsoever. I brought the miles up to 128k and could tell this car had a LOT of life left in it if it wasn't for a truck plowing into it and totaling it! The seats were very comfortable (back seat space is limited, but the seats are so cushy!), very large trunk, sporty but cute exterior design, and good gas mileage (close to 400/tank with mostly highway miles). Only downsides were that U-turns were a little difficult, a somewhat large blind spot on the side, and the shift knob came very close to the CD deck which was annoying.

A Very Reliable Girl
By Deb on 12/30/09 05:38 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely LOVE this car! I bought this car in 1997 when it had 36,000 miles on it. It now has 192,000 and still starts right up even on the coldest of days. Besides routine maintenance, I have never had to dump any money into this girl. Unfortunately, the Northeastern winters have taken their toll on the body, as it now has extensive rust damage on the undercarriage, including a significant hole in the exhaust...but she is STILL going! As I face the inevitable and begin shopping for a newer car, I will grieve the loss of this old friend.

Beauty at a cost
By GSXman on 02/10/09 20:14 PM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've had two 2nd gen GSXs. These cars are very nice looking, the AWD is great for performance in the snow, wet and dry. The turbo engine has pretty good torque, but it has noticeable turbo lag and the engine runs out of breath at about 6000 RPM, so the fun power band is actually relatively narrow. The mechanical and electrical systems on the car are far from reliable. The dashboard design, while attractive, is ergonomically flawed as the shift lever blocks the stereo. There are squeaks and rattles from interior panes and suspension parts, rain can leak into the cabin. If you're tall, cars with a sun roof can be a tight fit.

Best car ever!
By escr-12 on 04/10/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for about a year and it is the best car I have ever owned stock. The eclipse is a great car, but the best thing is that it is a super car on the track or anywhere. Best car ever! Really. No problems with it ever.!

Too Much Power!
By Justin on 09/17/07 21:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car has so much power stock, and it drives like a dream. It pulls so hard off the line by the time the turbo kicks in you are already screaming by! The stock T-25 turbo is a little on the small side, but it does spool up fast, minimal turbo lag. The motor can handle more boost as is, and you can add a boost controller for 20 bucks to crank it up.

Outstanding car
By atty on 06/09/07 19:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I bought a new GS-T in burnt orange with leather, sun-roof and 5-speed. I thought it was one of the prettiest cars I've ever owned and I got compliments on its looks up til when I traded it in 2001. The only thing that ever went wrong with the car was the outside door handle broke at about 70,000 miles. It was a lot of fun to drive, very fast, stuck like glue in corners and got great gas mileage (25-30).

Have Money?
By rexall_addict on 10/10/06 14:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for the simple fact of how beautiful it is. BIG MISTAKE! I bought the car at 145,000 miles, and like every other Eclipse after "Fast & Furious" came out, some kid had it and ran the crud out of it. Its suspension is BAD, its engine is BAD, its fuel system is BAD, and the service / parts are EXPENSIVE if you go to the dealer. Also, if you tell the dealer that the parts you bought aren't lasting as long as their warranty says it should, they actually cuss at you. I was called a LAZY bum when I told them my ball-joints lasted less than two years, (20,000 mi). Do not buy this car unless you have a lot of money to throw around!

1 2 3 4 5 next »