1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Worst car I've ever owned
By Nick F on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

This car has been nothing but a problem since the day I made the mistake to purchase. Exhaust has been over-hauled twice in just over one year. I'm lucky to get 15-20 mpg. Plus a host of other issues that I don't even have enough space to get into. Since the purchase I've paid out more than the sale price ($2500) in repair costs!

Could there be a better car???
By Ramon O on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I drove this car off the lot in 1994 with only 10 miles on it. I still own it and it as good as the day I drove it off the lot, except it now has 193,000 miles on it. I just got the clutch changed (standard) and it the mechanic was so surprised that it took me this long to wear it out. Overall, this is an excellent vehicle, but the main this is that you TAKE CARE OF IT and get your oil changes on time!

excellent
By Ronin R. on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

I had this car for 2 yrs and it has been great. I push this car hard every day and still responds better than other new model cars. Performance is great especially against Hondas.:)

3 Year Owner
By Damian on 03/02/02 23:46 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned a 94 Eclipse since 98 and it has been a great car to me. I typically get 400+ miles per tank which is 13 gallons. My gas mileage makes everyone cry when they hear I get 30 miles to the gallon. Reliability wise has been as good. Other than some blown tires and needing a new timing belt that is as exciting as the past few years have gotten. Would recommend this car.

Solid Car-great value
By Husker65 on 02/26/02 12:19 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Very few problems & warranty fixed those. Maintenance costs are minimal. Best car we have bought!