1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Ah, DSM "power" and "reliability"
By CaffeineTripp on 02/07/07 23:52 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, the DSM has given me some problems, but then again, I did buy it with 134,000 miles on the engine and transmission. The previous owner babied the car, which was excellent! The exterior styling is very well done, especially for early nineties. Even today, the style stands out, there is no second guessing that this vehicle is an Eclipse. The power for the 1.8L is not peak for the DSM engines, however, there are some free modifications and "cheap" aftermarket parts that someone may be able to install creating more horsepower and torque. The reliability for the DSM 1.8L is much greater than it's brothers the 2.0L and 2.0L turbo, however, it is DSM built, be warned. The ride is excellent!

Fantastic Car!
By Hollywood on 05/16/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 12 years and it's still going strong! It still looks sharp and still hums! It has given me no trouble whatsoever. I recommend purchasing a Mitsubishi. They are designed well and work perfectly! Give them a try!

Often Repaired
By LaraCroft on 01/06/05 18:31 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used and I think it may have been abused as a child. It has ALWAYS had alignment problems and a significant rear main seal leak. I haven't yet gone 6 months in a row without it being in the shop. Also, very little horsepower. Difficult when you live in a hilly area or have to drive through mountains regularly. Interior fell apart after 100K.