1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
1 owner for Reason!
By 94' Mits Eclipse GS on 07/07/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car "brand new" with 6 miles. Unique color-Savannah green. I pampered the car and it took car of me. I kept car garaged and covered; thus no rust or body issues. Had to replace headliner due to drooping. Installed racing seats and indash DVD player with new speakers & sub. My mech put 2" headers, in case I need more power. Car looks and performs better than the newer Eclipses! Inside and Out! 1994 and older Eclipses' have the bigger body w/more room. If taken care of, these are excellent cars! If abused; then just like any other car, problem.

Ah, DSM "power" and "reliability"
By CaffeineTripp on 02/07/07 23:52 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2dr Hatchback

Well, the DSM has given me some problems, but then again, I did buy it with 134,000 miles on the engine and transmission. The previous owner babied the car, which was excellent! The exterior styling is very well done, especially for early nineties. Even today, the style stands out, there is no second guessing that this vehicle is an Eclipse. The power for the 1.8L is not peak for the DSM engines, however, there are some free modifications and "cheap" aftermarket parts that someone may be able to install creating more horsepower and torque. The reliability for the DSM 1.8L is much greater than it's brothers the 2.0L and 2.0L turbo, however, it is DSM built, be warned. The ride is excellent!

Fantastic Car!
By Hollywood on 05/16/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 12 years and it's still going strong! It still looks sharp and still hums! It has given me no trouble whatsoever. I recommend purchasing a Mitsubishi. They are designed well and work perfectly! Give them a try!

Often Repaired
By LaraCroft on 01/06/05 18:31 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used and I think it may have been abused as a child. It has ALWAYS had alignment problems and a significant rear main seal leak. I haven't yet gone 6 months in a row without it being in the shop. Also, very little horsepower. Difficult when you live in a hilly area or have to drive through mountains regularly. Interior fell apart after 100K.

My new car
By tcgirl333 on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

I just purchased my eclipse this february. So far, it has given me no problems (knock on wood). I was lucky to find this car with only 63000 miles! That is not very common for this car. Most have well over 100,000; which, gives me faith that my car will last a long time. I am small, so i fit in it very comfortably. This car is also very fun to drive. I recommend this car to anyone!

Eclipse - Sexy & Sassy
By YellowThang on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I have had this a car since 1998 and it handles like a dream. If I had known that time belts needed to be changed every 60,000 miles, I would not have had any issues with my car. She runs wonderfully and has never let me down. I can dress up or casual and still look great in the sleek design. I love this style the best of all the models since this one.

Awesome
By Kman on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

This car was built like a rock. Have had very few problems. 130,000 and still going strong!

A VERY RELIABLE CAR
By artbides on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 10 years ago and the only problems is the timing belt broke at 120,000 and normal wear. Very reliable. It is now at 200,000 and running strong. My last car never made it past 120,000.

good car
By tammy2727 on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

When I first saw it I fell in love. It's very sporty looking and fun to drive. In my opinion it corners like it's on rails. I bought it with 44,000 miles on it and didn't have to do a thing to it until 120,000 miles (not even brakes). But I've had many problems with it since then. I think some of it has to do with the idiot mechanics that have been working on it and everybody has a different opinion on what's wrong with it. Overall it's an excellent car for the money. I would highly recommend this car to anyone

Very pleased with this vehicle
By Flucker on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I have never had any major problems with this car. The only problem that has just come about is that the axle needs to be replaced, but that is normal wear for a car with this many miles. When I purchased the car it only had 59,000 miles.