Used 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE CAR TO HAVE
By ray

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Why I gave all 10? Because it has worked great for a family of husband and wife. It has taken us from long to short distances. I bought this car from a private party for $700 and I have spended no more than $500 mechanical issues. Change oil every 3- 4k. miles and spark plugs, all filters twice a year. Always take it to a certified mechanic for better service I also use 89&92 fuel grade. Motor still running great I would buy another car like this, meavy an upgrade to 1995. This car gives me an average of 25 mpg although when I got it was in 17 mpg. With good service got better mpg. On the hwy 30+ mpg riding at 80 mph my average speed a car with turbo and its age I say I own a great vehicle...

Turbo, excellent handling, manual transmission the best, location of gears over all one of the best vehicles made.

head lights and length just 1 ft. more

1992 mitsubishi 1.8
By amazing

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I pulled my father's Mitsubishi out of a junk yard after it was on fire. put some gas and a new battery in it and it ran and it has been the most reliable car i have ever owned. i don't really like the size of the back seat but i don't really use it any way. and it's really fast with some small cheap performance mods.

the room in the 1.8 makes it really easy to work on.

Small mods cut off the box to the intake, new muffler, take good care of it I have so many things for factory like my transmission, fuel pump, and oil pump if you take care of it it should last you for a while

Piece Of Junk
By Rid

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought the 1992 GS Eclipse in April, by May I had to replace the cluth, and ever since then the Eclipse has been in and out of the auto shop. I had to have a new starter put in, the alternator rebuilt, and am currently having a problem with the Cam Shaft Sensor. It will drive perfectly for a little while, then all of the sudden the engine RPM's will drop down to 0 and the car will die, and not restart. I also have a problem with the syncro's in my 3rd gear. It was fun to drive...really fast, but it is not worth the hassle of the constant promlems.

It is a fast, great handling, fun to drive car.

Too much horsepower for the transmission to handle. Elecrtical problems. Poor interior quality.

This car is a fast tank!!!!!!!
By Jonathanlc2005

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

This car is a tank. i got in two
accidents. a scratch for a honda civic
and a van, mine going 45mph and caused
a bent radiator and hood. this car is
so safe to stick in high speeds. also
this car is fast. its easy to get to
90mph at 4500rpms in 4th gear. its a
hot HOT CAR. if your thinking turbo,
well think again this car hasnt lost
on me yet unless you like lag.

the build quality, the controls right where you need it, the engine speed and of course the ability to customize!!!!

a bigger back seat or convertable would be nice and addicting to drive, i cant help it when people stare, HELP ME! LOL

Fun, but expensive
By mi779

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car has always been a lot of fun
to drive, but when it started having
major problems it became more of a
burden than anything. My odometer just
passed 90,000 and now the turbo is out.
It just locked up one day. I've
replaced the clutch, the radiator, the
slave cylinder, and the valve cover
gasket. These repairs cost me between
$300 and $900. Now with the turbo out,
I've decided to get rid of it.

Turbo. Until it goes out.

Be very meticulous in maintenance schedules. Watch the oil level, it burns like crazy.