1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Don't rev your engine next to me.....
By jdlux on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have had my GS-Turbo since 1996. She has ~170k miles on her, and is still running strong. Alot of people underestimate the power and acceleration of the turbo in GST. I will never forget the first time I really, "STEPPED ON IT", the front popped up and the rear dropped, and next thing I know I was @ 60mph in about 6 seconds (in 3rd) going up a hill, with blue lights flashing behind me trying to catch up (1st lesson learned - check the rear view mirror before take-off). I say that, to say this, if you want stock speed (not nescessarily torque) from a stock engine/turbo, you've got it here.

V-8 Eater
By Nathancollier on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Ok this has been my dream car for the past 3 years since i was 15 i am know 18 and have my dream car...to put it bluntly i will never buy another style/ make of car.. it has everyoption you need or want plus the power at the road..and in the rainy/snow weather the awd is a must

winner of all races
By Jimi Sides on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2dr Hatchback

I bought this gsx with 65k on it, it was in mint condition. It was my first really really fast car. The almost 200 horse power was unbelievable. I've smoked everyone that has steped up to the line. It came stock with a k&n filter. The turbo is great but i suggest that you buy a turbo timer for about 180 bucks. This will let it cool down after being driven hard. If you don't let it cool down the turbo bearings will get all screwed up and will affect the proformance.

Great! Just Great!
By jd-lux on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car since 1997, and I have driven, and driven, and driven this car some more. Yeah, I've had a few minor problems, but nothing really major. When I bought this car, it had 99K miles on it. Now it has almost double (198K miles) and it's still running with the best of them. Five years ago when I first bought this car (age 19), I bought it for speed and looks. Now I'm 24, not so much worried about speed anymore, just looks. But, even with 98K more miles on it than when I started, it will still peel out and leave most of these 'suupped' cars in the dust. To put it simply, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!