1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
20 years of fun and reliability
By Babylukie89 on 01/26/10 22:33 PM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car brand new in Edmonton, AB back in 1990 with 0Km on the car. The car has just rolled over to 400,000Km (Aprox. 250,000 Miles) The car is still wonderful to drive and the exterior styling is although true to its time. Its still a very nice looking car!

Yeah, I have one... no you can't drive it
By tim on 11/19/08 20:06 PM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The car is now 17 years old, but still has the guts and get up to smoke mustangs etc. I've had to replace nothing other than a clutch and the hatchback door struts. The car handles like it's on rails. What a joy to own and drive ! And heck it gets great fuel mileage to boot. If you want a really nice car that got some jam under the hood and has the reliability of a locomotive buy one, if you can find one that is.

Best car ever
By Van on 09/09/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I love my Eclipse/Talon. Very dependable, awesome power when needed and fantastic gas mileage when just putting to work and back. Great, classic, aggressive sports car lines, yet kind of a sleeper look. The AWD version is perfect in snowy climates and on the big circular freeway on ramps. Handles like a dream! Nice interior for two, although both of my kids have ridden in the back seat many times when they were younger. Hatchback gives plenty of room for groceries or reasonable luggage.

Great looking car, crummy reliability
By Eddie on 05/02/06 03:29 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

My Mitsubishi was great for the first three years, but after that it was all downhill. My car had two broken timming belts (the original one at 50,000 miles and the third one at 150,000 miles) and I needed to replace the spark plug wires three times. I hate the crappy automatic belts. It is kind of fun to drive, though is it not so great taking off when the ground is wet. The paint job is terrible. The very few '91 Eclipses that are still running look pretty bad. I tried to maintain my paint but lost the battle after 6 years (my Nissan truck which always slept outside still looks new). My Eclipse has been sitting broken in my garage for the past 4 years.

street racer to burn other imports
By street racer in UT on 03/03/05 02:42 AM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

After adding simple upgrades such as upgraded turbo, large intercooler, dropping intake cone to front bumper, ported headers, and a bodykit, this car is menacing and will smoke almost any car and run 11's at the track on 4 slicks.

awesome
By russdog on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

great fun to drive and looks great i love that car yeaaaaaaa

Big performance in a small engine
By Jaystin on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I installed a 2 1/2 exhaust from the turbo back to a 5" muffler, Open Air intake, ngk plugs & wires, kyb agx ajustable suspension, indiglo gauges. This car will break all 4 tires loose on dry pavement, & has beaten many camaros & mustangs.

Great car; has lasted me 12 years!
By Steve H. on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Great sporty car. I've owned it for 12 years and it's still driving great. Granted, I had to have a/c overhauled a few years ago, but well worth the investment.

Great Car
By happy91 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car is great. Great looks, faster than suped up honda's, and a nice sounding turbo to show of to the competition. I can't believe i found this car in perfect condition (have had it for a year and still no problems except the engine mounts which were a breeze to fix) and loaded with sounds for only 2,500. Really a one of a kind great car.

Im 20 and I love it
By Grimlen on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The truth is this car i very nice for a young driver. If your a parent and worried about your kids driving fast... DONT GET THEM THIS CAR.. taht is all. Other than that its a great car.