By Carmel Giberson on
2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Using the clunkers for cash, I bought this car. My old car was 19 years old so to me everything about driving this car is new and exciting. The convertible top goes up and down with one push of a button. The car has so much pep and drives so smooth that I find myself speeding at times. The camera (new in 2010) that is used to help you when you put the car in reverse is great. Merging to get off a highway while moving to your right is very hard due to the huge blind spot the convertible top gives you. Driving with the top off is the best. This car is fun to drive but it takes time to deal with the blind spots that are huge. The backseat is useless. The trunk is big even with the top off.
Favorite Features
1)The top goes down with one push of a button. 2)when the top is down you can still hear your incoming calls, talk to the person next to you and listen to the stereo almost as clearly as when the top is up. That is amazing and my passengers keep commenting on that.
Suggested Improvements
The gas mileage could be better. They should design the convertible top in a way that the blind spot could be done away with. Even with the rearview mirror camera it is still hard to get out of my driveway because of the blind spot. A hard top would be nice in future designs.