Used 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse-spyder - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

First convertible and Mitsubishi!
By BigAlChoo

2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a sporty car, not true sports car but that being said, you won't find another 4 seat convertible under 30K with the same features, quality, value and performance! My 4 cylinder 161 hp peppy enough for me, and compared to MiniCooper, this rear seat roomy enough for my 2 kids, 9 and 5 years old, and this trunk can hold a folding single stroller or a bag of golf clubs! NO WAY in Mini! Plus, standard safety features include: ABS, disc brakes on all wheels, traction and stability control, six airbags, steel doors and crumple zones. Other standards: Bluetooth, aux. jack, Sirius radio, 650 watt radio, 6 CD, subwoofer, sportronic shifting, HID headlights, rear safety camera for backing. WOW!

Favorite Features

Best warranty (36 month, 36,000 bumper to bumper, 10 year, 100,000 powertrain) in the business, the 19 second push button drop top, overall 22 mpg on a 161 hp 4 cyl engine, and the price under $29K for all standard features on the GS! My first Mitsu and quality so far seems on par with Honda, Toyo!

Suggested Improvements

The blind spot on convertible top is big, and rear window minuscule too. Expect that in a ragtop though. Optional blind spot safety alert system like Mazda makes could help this problem. Other than that, everything else very good and truly impressed by Mitsubishi!

By Carmel Giberson

2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Using the clunkers for cash, I bought this car. My old car was 19 years old so to me everything about driving this car is new and exciting. The convertible top goes up and down with one push of a button. The car has so much pep and drives so smooth that I find myself speeding at times. The camera (new in 2010) that is used to help you when you put the car in reverse is great. Merging to get off a highway while moving to your right is very hard due to the huge blind spot the convertible top gives you. Driving with the top off is the best. This car is fun to drive but it takes time to deal with the blind spots that are huge. The backseat is useless. The trunk is big even with the top off.

Favorite Features

1)The top goes down with one push of a button. 2)when the top is down you can still hear your incoming calls, talk to the person next to you and listen to the stereo almost as clearly as when the top is up. That is amazing and my passengers keep commenting on that.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage could be better. They should design the convertible top in a way that the blind spot could be done away with. Even with the rearview mirror camera it is still hard to get out of my driveway because of the blind spot. A hard top would be nice in future designs.