2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Review: My Spyder

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Review

GS Convertible (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My Spyder
By James on

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car. I have mixed opinions on this car. Mine is black with grey interior and tan roof. Some Pro's are -Good heated seats, - Good stereo system, - Excellent brakes, - Good Handling. The Con's are -Terrible roof, I have 8 tears in it from the roof being defective. Getting it replaced under warranty is apparently 1 in a million chance but a new one is $1600 + labor. Good luck with that. - TERRIBLE ACCELERATION, it's almost a joke. -Underpowered so much that when you have passengers gas mileage is about 17 to the gallon. -Rattles everywhere. -Backseat too small -Cheap to the touch. -Top leaks in car washes and can't be patched or fixed without buying a new one. Do not buy this car

Favorite Features

Stereo System, Brakes, Leather with heated seats, Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius, quality top, more aggressive styling, more power with better mileage, better top, autodimming mirrors because all suv lights are in your eyes. Bigger backseat and trunk. Power seats. Get up and go.
By blackspyder
on 10/01/14 18:35 PM (PDT)

If you had read the owner's manual, you would have read that you are not to run the car through a high pressure car wash as it will cause the top to leak. I purchased my 2007 GT V6 6sp brand new and have not run it through a car wash and it does not leak. If you are only getting 17 mpg, something is needing attention. Have you changed your plugs and checked the injectors - cleaned them if needed? You have to do the maintenance on the car such as check transmission, change the timing belt, plugs, adjust injectors if needed.