My Pet Spyder
By SPYDERMAN on
2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I've owned my Spyder for two weeks and I'm in love. I find it hard to keep my hands off her leather-wrapped steering wheel. This car is very fun to drive with very responsive steering, amazing acceleration for a 4-cyl., a satin smooth suspension, and a stereo system so AWESOME that my friend described it as wearing top quality headphones. With the top down, wind noise is no problem for the stereo system. Can anyone find the 9- speakers? I've only found 7 of the 9. Everyone teases me about the basically unusable back seats, but I call it the dedicated sub-woofer space. Everybody thinks this car cost twice what it cost me, in other words this convertible is a fantastic value too. I'm lovin' It!
Favorite Features
The ease of the convertible top, sexy styling, very good gas mileage, shockingly fast acceleration for a 4-cyl engine, KICK- BUTT Stereo, stereo controls on the back-side of the steering wheel, how fun it is to drive, and the suspension is perfect - not too stiff or too bouncy. This car's fit and finish is excellent, very BMW-like.
Suggested Improvements
I would have preferred Michelin tires - Bridgestone doesn't impress me, but they look nice. Add a roll bar into the design. The steering wheel needs telescoping adjustment, not just up and down. It needs larger side mirrors. It should come with a can of girl repellant...lol...well, maybe not.