2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Review: Fun! Fun! Fun!

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Review

GT Convertible (3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Fun! Fun! Fun!
By Mike on

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

When looking for a new vehicle I wanted a convertible with front-wheel drive that fit my golf clubs for a reasonable price. This car fits all four criteria. My son always said,"Dad, get a fun car." Well, that's what I got. This car is just a joy to drive-comfortable, quiet, and great sound system with fingertip controls. Personally, my complaint is that now when I need a car to fit four, I don't have one. The complaint about the car itself, though, is the blind spot. It IS difficult to see out the back and side of this car-no doubt. But my criteria was met and if I concern myself with just that, then I made a great choice. I get about 18 mpg locally and 27 highway. And don't forget, it takes premium gas. I get nothing but oohs and ahhs, with this car and I love it.

The style, hideaway top, fingertip controlled radio with great sound system, 18-inch rims, 260 hp engine, heated seats and outside mirrors, automatic climate control, and how it has enough room for golf clubs.

Offer a built-in, one-button garage door opener system (like my wife's Toyota), improve the blind spot problem with maybe a window on each side of the convertible top? Give it a tighter turning radius, and an engine that uses regular unleaded gas. Contour the back of the front seats for more leg room in the back.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review