2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Love the car but has problems
By Jimmy on 03/30/07 23:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for nearly a month, but half of the time has been at the dealer with steering problems. The car pulls to the left, pulls really hard in the left lane of a 5 lane freeway and as you move to the right, to the far right lane, still pulls left. Has been test driven by several dealer service people including a Mitsubishi engineer and a frame shop alignment specialist. The cars, as it turns out is designed that way, there is no correction. The car is very fatiguing to drive. The fabric seats are also very hot, don't breath. May have to return the car. Test drove 5 of the cars, they all do it and the engineer agrees. Hard to believe but they have designed cars that pull left.

Great Car
By Jim on 03/30/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, fun to drive.

Great car - should have gotten one sooner
By Uncle Harry on 03/22/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up a new Spyder after trying both the Spyder as well as the Solstice. Spyder wins hands down in many areas not the least of which is comfort.

Love It
By swaflyguy on 03/19/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking at the Solstice, Sky and the Mustang. The quality and materials of the American cars are nothing compared to the Japanese. Also, the shifting was much tighter in the Eclipse than any of the others. Plus, you get 6 gears with the Mitsubishi and 5 with the American models.

Fast, Fun, and Exciting
By VegasMike21 on 03/16/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What's more is there to say about the 2007 Eclipse Spyder than it's Fast, Fun, and Exciting to drive! Everything about the car is great from the exterior design to the Rockford Fosgate 650 watt stereo with the subwoofer built into the backseat! If you're in the market for a convertible check out the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, you won't be disappointed!

I am Back into the Spyder
By Badgirl on 03/13/07 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owed an Eclipse Spyder in the past and I loved it. This is still new to me and I have had the chance to drive it around the city and I love it. It is a little loud when shifting, but it's awesome.

Love It
By bobcat27 on 03/08/07 22:03 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just traded in my '03 Jetta GLI VR6 6 speed for my new Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. I was tired of the sunroof and wanted a drop top. I wanted something with some speed. I looked at the Solstice for its looks but I didn't want a GM vehicle. I looked at the Mustang but they are everywhere. Finally, I found the Eclipse and I fell for it. It truly is my dream car. There is very little I would change about it.

The Spyder is Back
By Badgirl on 03/08/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car and I really have not had a chance to drive it much, but when I test drove the car it rode nicely. I used to own a 2005 and I loved it. I love the total makeover of the car.

Mitsubishievo's Eclipse Review
By mitsubishievo on 01/30/07 11:20 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so totally awesome. It's the best car I could have gotten besides my Evo of course, but still it's a really good car to me.

Fun Car!
By L. Lykes on 01/19/07 12:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is FUN! It has power and pizazz. After driving a Corolla for 12 years, I was looking for something different -- and I got it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.