Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Most Helpful|
my spyder
By Dennis

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own an Endevor and the quality of that made me look at the Spyder. I'm very happy with this car. The speed and handling is very acceptable. You don't buy this car for backseat space. Overall, so far I have really had no problems with this car. My wife loves driving it also and my friends are very impressed with the stereo and the sleek sexy look of it. The convertible drops down so smooth and tucks away in the trunk.

Favorite Features

The hide away top in the trunk is awesome. My friend has a convertible mustang and it flaps in the wind, good design on the spyders part. The stereo of course is awesome but does rattle the sub when it gets to a certain point. Very fast and fun to drive. Duh it's a convertible....enough said!

Suggested Improvements

The brakes need to be fixed right away; put the wrong parts on at the factory. Needs more cubbyholes, and optional back up sensors for the blind spots. Wish it came with serious radio the mp3 is awesome but like sirius. The sub and some parts rattles when it gets to loud so u have to get that fixed also.

My Spyder
By James

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car. I have mixed opinions on this car. Mine is black with grey interior and tan roof. Some Pro's are -Good heated seats, - Good stereo system, - Excellent brakes, - Good Handling. The Con's are -Terrible roof, I have 8 tears in it from the roof being defective. Getting it replaced under warranty is apparently 1 in a million chance but a new one is $1600 + labor. Good luck with that. - TERRIBLE ACCELERATION, it's almost a joke. -Underpowered so much that when you have passengers gas mileage is about 17 to the gallon. -Rattles everywhere. -Backseat too small -Cheap to the touch. -Top leaks in car washes and can't be patched or fixed without buying a new one. Do not buy this car

Favorite Features

Stereo System, Brakes, Leather with heated seats, Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius, quality top, more aggressive styling, more power with better mileage, better top, autodimming mirrors because all suv lights are in your eyes. Bigger backseat and trunk. Power seats. Get up and go.

What a ball, but read the owner's manual
By James P Hooley

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a really fun car for 6000 miles in 2 months. From Phoenix to Ohio and back, it was great. Not quite enough leg support for longer journeys for tall people, but a small price. I've read multiple reviews here, and those with certain issues should read their owner's manual. It specifically conveys to NOT clean the car via an automated car wash. It specifically conveys that if the CD changer "overheats", it WILL shut down to protect the system. These are really incidentals in the grand scheme. I do wish that I didn't have to take it to a dealer to change the gear box fluid of my 5 speed. I've never done that in my life for cars that went 200K, but it is what it is.

Favorite Features

Top Down, good sound system, heated seats, just a ball to drive, handling is fantastic (curved off ramp taken at 45 mph and glued to the road)

Suggested Improvements

readjust torque or give a bit more horse in the 2.4 so the AC doesn't lug the motor so much, better rear view on the convertible, a little deeper seat for taller drivers, and as everyone else has indicated, a left hand arm rest. Also, better turning circle in smaller spaces

Poor Top Quality
By eeyore320

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car brand new in 2007 and have been nothing but disappointed since. I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times in the first month, and had to fight to get anything fixed on it. I noticed some slight tears in my top at about 60,100 miles and when I took it to the dealer and they told me the car was no longer under warranty even though I purchased it with 596 miles on it. They refused to fix it even though it is obvious its their mistake. All I can say is I will never buy any Mitsubishi again.

Favorite Features

Stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service, better quality of product. Loaner car should be provided for all warranty repairs over 24 hrs.

Happy owner
By heliflyer216

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

Favorite Features

Engine power, Convertible top ease of use, and gas mileage 19 City, 24 highway.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like the seats to recline more like the hardtops do.