Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

WOW!!!!
By rixrd1

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car, and it is so amazing. I have been researching the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder online and decided to purchase a used one. No regrets so far. I haven't driven with the top down yet, so I cannot say much about it. Driving this vehicle is fun. I like the fact that the vehicle is FWD so it is a little bit more easier to drive in the snow.

Heated seats, sound system, compass, Mivec V6, and interior design.

Visibility is not that good when the top is up, and Mitsu should of installed an auxiliary outlet. Since the vehicle is low to the ground, Mitsu should of put an auto dimmer rear view mirror. It is annoying when driving at night and a SUV is driving behind you.

Loves it
By Driven to thrill

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I originally leased my vehicle back in March 07' After almost 3 years, it's been so reliable and so much fun to drive that I decided to go ahead and purchase it before my lease was up. Great car, just wish it wasn't front wheel drive and had a better turning radius.

listening to the exhaust note with the top down, 6 speed manual tranny, color (sunset pearl)

turning radius, rear or all wheel drive

Happy owner
By heliflyer216

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

Engine power, Convertible top ease of use, and gas mileage 19 City, 24 highway.

I'd like the seats to recline more like the hardtops do.

IN LOVE
By kevboy89

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been wanting this car since I started driving. I was looking at the previous generation models and they were nice, because I figured I couldn't afford a new one. However, they are very affordable, and I was able to get a 2007. So far I am loving this car as I knew I would, Sunset Pearlescent color is amazing, V6 is more than enough, very comfortable (except in the back seat, but I didn't buy it for people to ride in the back). I got used to the blind spots within days.

Color, overall design that you don't see very often, V6 engine, top opens at the push of a button, MP3 6 CD changer is great. LED tail lights are nice, usually only see those on more expensive cars.

Gas mileage. The highway miles are pretty good, but the city mileage is about 16 mpg, which is really not great. Gas prices are bound to go back up. And the sub rattles at certain volume. My only complaints. Love it otherwise.

Nice car, but
By bajajanice

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it brand new, however, there are too many blind spots when driving with the top up. I have had this car for 8 months and I have to take it in, the top hydraulic system is out already and needs to be checked. I feel the frame of the car is weak. The car is so low that the nose scraps on everything. This car is an accident waiting to happen with all the blind spots. Other than that, the car is beautiful and gets lots of looks

Its a sharp looking car

Blind spots, inside gets scraped easily.