Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Happy owner
By heliflyer216

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

Engine power, Convertible top ease of use, and gas mileage 19 City, 24 highway.

I'd like the seats to recline more like the hardtops do.

IN LOVE
By kevboy89

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been wanting this car since I started driving. I was looking at the previous generation models and they were nice, because I figured I couldn't afford a new one. However, they are very affordable, and I was able to get a 2007. So far I am loving this car as I knew I would, Sunset Pearlescent color is amazing, V6 is more than enough, very comfortable (except in the back seat, but I didn't buy it for people to ride in the back). I got used to the blind spots within days.

Color, overall design that you don't see very often, V6 engine, top opens at the push of a button, MP3 6 CD changer is great. LED tail lights are nice, usually only see those on more expensive cars.

Gas mileage. The highway miles are pretty good, but the city mileage is about 16 mpg, which is really not great. Gas prices are bound to go back up. And the sub rattles at certain volume. My only complaints. Love it otherwise.

Nice car, but
By bajajanice

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it brand new, however, there are too many blind spots when driving with the top up. I have had this car for 8 months and I have to take it in, the top hydraulic system is out already and needs to be checked. I feel the frame of the car is weak. The car is so low that the nose scraps on everything. This car is an accident waiting to happen with all the blind spots. Other than that, the car is beautiful and gets lots of looks

Its a sharp looking car

Blind spots, inside gets scraped easily.

Practical Everyday Sporty Convertible
By Practical sports car

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Colorado and wanted a sporty convertible that could be driven all year, even in snow. I wanted a little extra room to carry things on a road trip. I wanted an easy roof to put up and take down. Lastly, good gas mileage. This car does it all! The front wheel drive got me through every snowstorm last winter. We just completed a 2500 mile road trip and carried a bunch of family heirlooms in the trunk and back seat. We averaged 26.5 MPG with the four cylinder driving 4 mph over the limit all the time. The top goes up or down in 17 seconds with no tucking or booting, can be done at a stop light.It is the only new car I have ever purchased that hasn't been back to the dealer for warranty.

Front wheel drive, more comfortable ride than most comparables, more room for stuff,enough power in the 4 cylinder yet good gas mileage, an easy up/down roof, great sunset pearl finish, (Metallic copper), great stereo, lots of compliments

One more inch of clearance in the front would save the nose from scraping on some curbs.

Fun to drive, bad blind spots
By kra

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car! Got it for better fuel economy (traded an Xterra), and I get about 300 miles to a tank, more on the highway (though not too much more). The car is just a joy to own and drive. No unscheduled maintenance needed yet, but the vehicle is young (9 months so far). The convertible top folds down very quickly - ~19 seconds. All that said, there are complaints. See suggested improvements

Satisfying engine rumble when you let loose, stereo is awesome, *decent* gas mileage, convertible top is quick and of good quality, pretty comfortable and roomy up front (the back is a different story), handles well.

Complaints: Interior scuffs easily, BAD blind spots and limited rear window visibility, back up sensors needed (I am careful but already backed into a darn filing cabinet!), brakes can squeak, speakers rattle when turned UP, limited storage space (for cells, etc), wide turn radius, no trunk light!

• SUV