Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Poor Top Quality
By eeyore320

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car brand new in 2007 and have been nothing but disappointed since. I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times in the first month, and had to fight to get anything fixed on it. I noticed some slight tears in my top at about 60,100 miles and when I took it to the dealer and they told me the car was no longer under warranty even though I purchased it with 596 miles on it. They refused to fix it even though it is obvious its their mistake. All I can say is I will never buy any Mitsubishi again.

Stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Better customer service, better quality of product. Loaner car should be provided for all warranty repairs over 24 hrs.

My New Hot Ride
By sashotspyder

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This will be my 4th Mitsubishi and I've said it before and I'll say it again...they are highly under rated! I have no complaints about any of them. I had two 30000GTs, then I bought an 06 Elipse that I loved and now I will be picking up my new 2007 GT convertible and I can't wait! It only has 25K miles on it so it's practically new. Its red with black leather and 6speed! I'm going to have alot of fun this summer!!!! I know already from reading all the reviews that this will be another great car from Mitsubishi!

Looks Reliability Ride Economically good on gas

None just keep making good cars!

What a ball, but read the owner's manual
By James P Hooley

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a really fun car for 6000 miles in 2 months. From Phoenix to Ohio and back, it was great. Not quite enough leg support for longer journeys for tall people, but a small price. I've read multiple reviews here, and those with certain issues should read their owner's manual. It specifically conveys to NOT clean the car via an automated car wash. It specifically conveys that if the CD changer "overheats", it WILL shut down to protect the system. These are really incidentals in the grand scheme. I do wish that I didn't have to take it to a dealer to change the gear box fluid of my 5 speed. I've never done that in my life for cars that went 200K, but it is what it is.

Top Down, good sound system, heated seats, just a ball to drive, handling is fantastic (curved off ramp taken at 45 mph and glued to the road)

readjust torque or give a bit more horse in the 2.4 so the AC doesn't lug the motor so much, better rear view on the convertible, a little deeper seat for taller drivers, and as everyone else has indicated, a left hand arm rest. Also, better turning circle in smaller spaces

Great car!
By Nancy

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

So much fun to drive! Definitely has a blind spot without the top down. To me driving this car in sunny weather is like having a little bit of vacation right on your local streets!

Convertible top! Stereo! Heated seats!

Alleviate blind spot

Love the car!
By Julie

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased this 3 weeks ago, having a blast driving it! The only complaint is the blind spot with the top up, but I am just driving it in the summer! I think it is a great car and reasonably priced compared to other convertibles!

The radio, and the great ease of putting top down and the engine immobilizer!

Bigger windshield in back to help with blind spots