Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

My New Hot Ride
By sashotspyder

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This will be my 4th Mitsubishi and I've said it before and I'll say it again...they are highly under rated! I have no complaints about any of them. I had two 30000GTs, then I bought an 06 Elipse that I loved and now I will be picking up my new 2007 GT convertible and I can't wait! It only has 25K miles on it so it's practically new. Its red with black leather and 6speed! I'm going to have alot of fun this summer!!!! I know already from reading all the reviews that this will be another great car from Mitsubishi!

Favorite Features

Looks Reliability Ride Economically good on gas

Suggested Improvements

None just keep making good cars!

Loves it
By Driven to thrill

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I originally leased my vehicle back in March 07' After almost 3 years, it's been so reliable and so much fun to drive that I decided to go ahead and purchase it before my lease was up. Great car, just wish it wasn't front wheel drive and had a better turning radius.

Favorite Features

listening to the exhaust note with the top down, 6 speed manual tranny, color (sunset pearl)

Suggested Improvements

turning radius, rear or all wheel drive

Happy owner
By heliflyer216

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

Favorite Features

Engine power, Convertible top ease of use, and gas mileage 19 City, 24 highway.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like the seats to recline more like the hardtops do.

Hottest Convertible
By HMehlman

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has lots of power ... and gets lots of looks! Nice featues such as radio and placement of controls. Decent ride. It's not a small car! Park it next to others and you'd be surprised how big it really is! Plus ... I eat Mustangs any day of the week!

Favorite Features

Convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Improve visibilty with the top up, but I don't know how they can do that.

Smiling
By Teezie

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Started shopping for a two-seater convertible; Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Skye, Nissan 350Z all great cars, but either gutless or too spendy. Found my Spyder, with 3,440 miles, 5 grand less than new and the previous owner had put on 245/35ZR20 low profile tires and 20" rims. No brainer. This car is so much fun to drive, a little more room than a conventional two-seater, handles corners great, the wind doesn't knock it around and the top is much quieter than my Mustang convertible GT was. Comfortable on road trips, excellent exhaust note. Shifting is a breeze and a pleasure. Stereo adjusts automatically when you put the top down, lines are sleek and sporty. Love it all.

Favorite Features

Clean lines inside and out, interior lighting and comfort, exhaust, quick and efficient top stowaway, torque, the looks it gets, Fosgate soundsystem, even the attention to detail with the way the headlights are designed. With the 20" rims, it's drop dead gorgeous!!

Suggested Improvements

Like just about everyone else has noted, the blind spots are horrible, I would not even attempt to parallel park this car unless the top was down. Gas mileage is not great, but it's a sportscar. Should have an mp3 plug-in for the stereo. But, the pros outweigh the cons, by far.