2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
My New Hot Ride
By sashotspyder on 02/28/11 12:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This will be my 4th Mitsubishi and I've said it before and I'll say it again...they are highly under rated! I have no complaints about any of them. I had two 30000GTs, then I bought an 06 Elipse that I loved and now I will be picking up my new 2007 GT convertible and I can't wait! It only has 25K miles on it so it's practically new. Its red with black leather and 6speed! I'm going to have alot of fun this summer!!!! I know already from reading all the reviews that this will be another great car from Mitsubishi!

Loves it
By Driven to thrill on 10/02/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I originally leased my vehicle back in March 07' After almost 3 years, it's been so reliable and so much fun to drive that I decided to go ahead and purchase it before my lease was up. Great car, just wish it wasn't front wheel drive and had a better turning radius.

Happy owner
By heliflyer216 on 03/21/09 14:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

Hottest Convertible
By HMehlman on 11/16/07 05:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has lots of power ... and gets lots of looks! Nice featues such as radio and placement of controls. Decent ride. It's not a small car! Park it next to others and you'd be surprised how big it really is! Plus ... I eat Mustangs any day of the week!

Smiling
By Teezie on 09/27/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Started shopping for a two-seater convertible; Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Skye, Nissan 350Z all great cars, but either gutless or too spendy. Found my Spyder, with 3,440 miles, 5 grand less than new and the previous owner had put on 245/35ZR20 low profile tires and 20" rims. No brainer. This car is so much fun to drive, a little more room than a conventional two-seater, handles corners great, the wind doesn't knock it around and the top is much quieter than my Mustang convertible GT was. Comfortable on road trips, excellent exhaust note. Shifting is a breeze and a pleasure. Stereo adjusts automatically when you put the top down, lines are sleek and sporty. Love it all.

Slick
By Slick on 09/03/07 17:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Drove several other makes and models before purchasing. This is my first Eclipse. I knew in the first five minutes of the test drive that this was the car I wanted. Lots of power with the 260 hp. Very comfortable seating. I love it.

My Red Pearl
By Red Pearl on 08/29/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car! Love the look, the color, and the looks I get while driving it don't hurt either. I like the fact that my hair doesn't blow around very much with the top down. I'm disappointed with the nose mask. It's very difficult to put it on and it does not stay put! The paint is already damaged as a result. The mask is badly designed and unnecessarily complicated to use. I love the electric roof but so far, it has stuck in an awkward position 4 times. The 3rd time it was towed to the dealership, they found the problem and showed me how to fix it myself the next time!

No words to describe
By Luis Guzman on 08/07/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has the looks, the power and the reputation to hold its own on the road. Every person that sees me with this car thinks that it costs much more than it actually does. This is my first convertible, and all I can say is that I feel like a new person with this car.

Love This Car!
By Daphne Streeter on 07/23/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I cannot tell you how much I have loved driving this car. It is the best convertible on the market, bar none! It is gorgeous, drives smooth and fast, and safe to boot. I have no hesitations recommending this car. You will love it!!

What a Car!
By Paul on 04/13/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Fifth consecutive Eclipse, by far the best. Hard to believe actually! So fast, and even with the 18" wheels, rides very well in our rough NJ pavement. Cuts corners like a pro, shift throws are short, braking is strong. Fuel mileage is so-so compared to my last GT 5-speed, but it makes up for it in sheer power. Thanks Mitsu for finally installilng a REAL sound system, heated seats, a windscreen, auto climate control, and an automatic boot cover. Those few things totally transform the car and make it feel much more expensive than it actually is. Love this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.