2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
What a ball, but read the owner's manual
By James P Hooley on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a really fun car for 6000 miles in 2 months. From Phoenix to Ohio and back, it was great. Not quite enough leg support for longer journeys for tall people, but a small price. I've read multiple reviews here, and those with certain issues should read their owner's manual. It specifically conveys to NOT clean the car via an automated car wash. It specifically conveys that if the CD changer "overheats", it WILL shut down to protect the system. These are really incidentals in the grand scheme. I do wish that I didn't have to take it to a dealer to change the gear box fluid of my 5 speed. I've never done that in my life for cars that went 200K, but it is what it is.

What's not to like
By airship capt on 03/06/10 11:16 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this spyder new and now have only 23,000 on it. Not much has gone wrong yet. There is a heat shield that rattles because of the Ohio winters and the salt on the roads corroded it loose. It handles quite well for a 4cyl. but wish I had gotten the 6. Gas mileage is good, not great, but what do you want for 170 horses. Needs a place to put your left arm when it is not on the wheel. CD changer would not play some CDs when it got very hot outside, then it fixed its self when it cooled down. Top is well designed and works very fast. Top material seems to be high quality and does not make much noise at highway speeds. Aerodynamics with top down are very good.

Once Again, I Love My Car
By Daddy on 03/19/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The trunk is big enough for all of my and my son's luggage when we go to the airport. The car is fun to drive, but most of all I love the stereo. I can fit about 140 songs on an MP3 CD, and the in-dash will take 6 of them, so there's no need for an iPod. After almost 18 months though, there is a rattle from the subwoofer at certain frequencies. Taking it tomorrow to get that fixed under warranty. All in all, I love this car! It's not perfect, but fun to drive.

By jtrushmore on 07/21/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently upgraded to the Eclipse from an 02 lLancer. I bought the car a few days ago and have already fallen in love with it. Even with the 4 cyl. it has a lot of get up and go. I was very surprised with the power that little 4-banger put out. The leather interior and instrumentation are amazing.

Better than I thought
By SpyderMan28 on 07/07/07 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is more comfortable than my 2004 spyder and rides smoother. It has more power and the gas mileage is incredible. The best I've gotten on the highway so far is 31 mpg. The worst I've seen in the city was 21 and I was moving pretty quick. I just wish they made more kits for it.

I am Back into the Spyder
By Badgirl on 03/13/07 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owed an Eclipse Spyder in the past and I loved it. This is still new to me and I have had the chance to drive it around the city and I love it. It is a little loud when shifting, but it's awesome.

The Spyder is Back
By Badgirl on 03/08/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car and I really have not had a chance to drive it much, but when I test drove the car it rode nicely. I used to own a 2005 and I loved it. I love the total makeover of the car.

I Love My Spyder
By groovygroovy on 12/21/06 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Spyder back in July and have loved it ever since. I live in the mountains and on the days I can't be on my motorcycle this substitutes pretty well. The only draw back is my wife slid into a curb at 15 miles an hour on ice and let's just say that was on 12/01 and I might see it again next year.

Beauty Isn't Always Skin Deep
By LCummings on 08/29/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well. I get stopped by neighbors every day telling me how nice my car is. The car drives very smoothly. As far as the power goes, I stepped into this car from owning a V8 truck and with the manual transmission and I don't feel the difference except for in my wallet at the gas pump! I love my 2007 Mitsubishi Spyder.

2007 Eclipse Spyder
By Zepplin pilot on 07/27/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even the 2.4L four cyl. is fun but the power band does not even start untill 3,500 RPM. This car gets great gas milage, which is the only reason not to get the 3.6L. Maybe a cold air intake and a new chip will wake up the engine. It also has a lot of torque steer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.