2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Poor Top Quality
By eeyore320 on 05/20/13 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car brand new in 2007 and have been nothing but disappointed since. I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times in the first month, and had to fight to get anything fixed on it. I noticed some slight tears in my top at about 60,100 miles and when I took it to the dealer and they told me the car was no longer under warranty even though I purchased it with 596 miles on it. They refused to fix it even though it is obvious its their mistake. All I can say is I will never buy any Mitsubishi again.

My New Hot Ride
By sashotspyder on 02/28/11 12:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This will be my 4th Mitsubishi and I've said it before and I'll say it again...they are highly under rated! I have no complaints about any of them. I had two 30000GTs, then I bought an 06 Elipse that I loved and now I will be picking up my new 2007 GT convertible and I can't wait! It only has 25K miles on it so it's practically new. Its red with black leather and 6speed! I'm going to have alot of fun this summer!!!! I know already from reading all the reviews that this will be another great car from Mitsubishi!

What a ball, but read the owner's manual
By James P Hooley on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a really fun car for 6000 miles in 2 months. From Phoenix to Ohio and back, it was great. Not quite enough leg support for longer journeys for tall people, but a small price. I've read multiple reviews here, and those with certain issues should read their owner's manual. It specifically conveys to NOT clean the car via an automated car wash. It specifically conveys that if the CD changer "overheats", it WILL shut down to protect the system. These are really incidentals in the grand scheme. I do wish that I didn't have to take it to a dealer to change the gear box fluid of my 5 speed. I've never done that in my life for cars that went 200K, but it is what it is.

Great car!
By Nancy on 08/28/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

So much fun to drive! Definitely has a blind spot without the top down. To me driving this car in sunny weather is like having a little bit of vacation right on your local streets!

Love the car!
By Julie on 06/24/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased this 3 weeks ago, having a blast driving it! The only complaint is the blind spot with the top up, but I am just driving it in the summer! I think it is a great car and reasonably priced compared to other convertibles!

What's not to like
By airship capt on 03/06/10 11:16 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this spyder new and now have only 23,000 on it. Not much has gone wrong yet. There is a heat shield that rattles because of the Ohio winters and the salt on the roads corroded it loose. It handles quite well for a 4cyl. but wish I had gotten the 6. Gas mileage is good, not great, but what do you want for 170 horses. Needs a place to put your left arm when it is not on the wheel. CD changer would not play some CDs when it got very hot outside, then it fixed its self when it cooled down. Top is well designed and works very fast. Top material seems to be high quality and does not make much noise at highway speeds. Aerodynamics with top down are very good.

My Spyder
By James on 02/23/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car. I have mixed opinions on this car. Mine is black with grey interior and tan roof. Some Pro's are -Good heated seats, - Good stereo system, - Excellent brakes, - Good Handling. The Con's are -Terrible roof, I have 8 tears in it from the roof being defective. Getting it replaced under warranty is apparently 1 in a million chance but a new one is $1600 + labor. Good luck with that. - TERRIBLE ACCELERATION, it's almost a joke. -Underpowered so much that when you have passengers gas mileage is about 17 to the gallon. -Rattles everywhere. -Backseat too small -Cheap to the touch. -Top leaks in car washes and can't be patched or fixed without buying a new one. Do not buy this car

WOW!!!!
By rixrd1 on 12/03/09 16:15 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car, and it is so amazing. I have been researching the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder online and decided to purchase a used one. No regrets so far. I haven't driven with the top down yet, so I cannot say much about it. Driving this vehicle is fun. I like the fact that the vehicle is FWD so it is a little bit more easier to drive in the snow.

Loves it
By Driven to thrill on 10/02/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I originally leased my vehicle back in March 07' After almost 3 years, it's been so reliable and so much fun to drive that I decided to go ahead and purchase it before my lease was up. Great car, just wish it wasn't front wheel drive and had a better turning radius.

Happy owner
By heliflyer216 on 03/21/09 14:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.