2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
It's alright
By steve on 10/11/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When i bought the car it had 29,000 miles on it. Right off the bat i had problems with it. The radio started going, along with the speakers. I recently took it ion to the dealership for 2 new front tires, and they said i needed four new complete brakes, the whole set. (drums, rotors, calibers and lines) and they said i will soon need a new front suspension. But this car has been treated immaculately.

Great Daily Driver
By Brian on 12/01/06 12:32 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car to go 70 miles each way to work in Northern NJ. I wanted a convertible and I didn’t need 350Z performance. I wanted good gas mileage and a car that I could put gas in, change the oil periodically and otherwise forget. I am 6’3” so a lot of other cars were out. This car has been a very pleasant surprise. I have had no problems with it and it has been fun to drive even in the worst traffic with the worst drivers on the planet. It has decent pickup (GTS 5 Spd) and decent handling. I bought it two years old with 20,000 miles and it came used with a better warranty than almost all US cars come with new. The Eclipse Spyder is a great car if you’re looking for a fun convertible to drive that doesn’t need a lot of attention.

Worth it!
By Raymond on 05/26/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

As shocking as it may sound, I traded a 350Z for this car because I wanted a drop top again and better comfort and fuel mileage. I bought this with 4,000 miles on the odometer (in 2006)! The chrome blue on midnight is amazing, it looks awesome. This car has very comfortable front seats. I have never gotten less than 27 mpg CITY (mine is a 5-speed stick)! It handles pretty well. It rides like a Benz (trust me I know I work for them). It has decent trunk space compared to the '99 model that I had a few years back. I am having issues with a phantom front suspension noise and a "click" in my clutch pedal, but the dealership has been very helpful. I love this car. I never thought I would like a car as much as I like this one. I highly recommend it!

Doesn't handle like a sports car
By lisag on 05/15/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The design is very good. Convertible top operation is easy and quick. Its handling however leaves a lot to be desired. It is not very responsive especially for a sporty V6. Its ride is acceptable for a sporty car. The turning radius is terrible. Large trucks have better turning capabilities. The visibility is also very poor with the top up. Given these two factors, backing out of a parking space is always a challenge.

Dream Machine
By Raymond on 04/07/06 05:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a Nissan 350Z for this car if you can beleive it. The Z was a lousy daily driver. This is a perfect compromise. It has a smooth as silk ride, decent handling, great fuel economy, and looks awesome. Not to mention the top-down fun. This car is really fun to drive. I love this car. It is the second Eclipse that I have owned, and I love it as much as the first. This car is underrated! Buy one and fall in love!

Too much fun to drive!
By teresajoan on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dealer installed aftermarket body kit and 19.7 in. chrome wheels and low- profile tires...it looks awesome in torched steel blue! Infinity cd player & speakers will be alright for most but I traded a car with Bose so that was a downgrade. Putting the top down is so easy however with the top up has a rather large blind spot. The ride is fairly smooth for a sports car.

My Spyder
By sheepy on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Completely satisfied with my Spyder. I highly recommend it.

best car ever
By haylee on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i think this car is perfect for all my needs and it is so hot

Best car of the year!!!
By Erica Moya on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Hot car for the SUMMER!

garbage
By Imadeamistake on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The thing is horribly built, anemically powered, and prone to being ridiculed.