Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Sporty!
By Tara

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This convertible handles and drives awesome. Has a decent punch and looks fantastic. Super stylish and comfortable interior (for front passengers) with two-toned leather it doesn't get any better for the price!

The Spydy GT Automatic/Manual transmisission
By Greg Darby

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sweet. There's not much else that can be said. You can switch to manual and blast around slow moving vehicles at nearly 140 miles an hour. The G's pin your head to the head rest. Thank goodness that the Eagles are rated for 149 mph.

I love the ability to rapidly switch from automatic to manual assault.

Don't stop making this car. I will buy one for the rest of my life, so help me God.

Most reliable vehicle i have ever owned
By lordhelmit

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 03' spyder gts in Nov. 2011 with 127k miles at a used lot. I am writing this on 5/22/2014. I love this vehicle. So much. I have the 5 speed manual tranny, and this thing has some JUICE, to the point where, despite having been through 2 fender benders with no repairs other than cosmetics, still beats the faster 2007+ mustangs and ricer hondas/nissans/scions. Oh, my 03 eclipse is completely 100% totally stock. It now has 178k miles and not only runs brand spankin' new but still beats new cars in accel. contests. Despire neglecting oil changes, being through 2 wrecks, taking it off roading, putting it through hell on the street, this is the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned.

Convertible, 5 sp manual tranny

Higher red line make from 6k to 7k at least

2003 Mit Spyder convertable GS
By just1me

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

125 mi. and going strong! On time oil & transmission fluid changes, 3rd battery since purchase Aug 2003. 1 owner vehicle....seats are hard front & back & 1 door hinge doesn't stay open but that is my only dissatisfaction with this vehicle. I use the auto transmission but it also came with a switch over to manuel transmission feature which I have not seen anywhere else yet but I know they do exists. I am looking for a truck now because of free range horse/cattle in my area. I will miss this car forever. Held up well in & out. I had avalanche truck -entire dash board circuitry went out-thanks for not letting me know chevy co! I will buy my new truck elsewhere! not like U couldn't find me duh!

Cracking dash
By sdboy

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was a nice car until it hit 45,000 miles. Bad enough a rebuilt clutch cost me $2,000, but the dash is cracked like it had 245,000 miles on it and the posts on each side of the windshield are flaking. I have taken really good care of this car and it is worse off than cars I've owned for twice as long. If you buy a Mitsubishi, buy it new and get rid of it before you've owned it for 5 years.

Plastic in the dash that doesn't crack like cheap Tupperware.