Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

#1#1#1#1
By #1spyder

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I BOUGHT ONE 6 MONTHS AGO...The review asks what shoppers should know about this car.? Well if you are considering buying a spyder...!!! Do it.. kicking car that is top notch racer... pedal to the metal. No more to be said. Parts are cheap and car is easy to work on. I feel blessed. We say this car stays in the family. replacing parts are easy, I'm at 160 + and haven't had to replace anything. This car is badddd!!!! They won't make a car like this again, I got mine at $2000 blue book because a small 1x2 unnoticeable slightly paint difference patch on hood. no big deal...with no motor / issues which is amazing, I am on here only to tell good people go go go! This is ticket to good car. Every review talks about the dash board being cracked.... whatever? Mine isn't thank God, but big deal.. the car rocks in every other aspect. It's the nicest car I've ever had at40 yrs old now and get compliments every day. If u like driving fast. I do. It's a contender with all new vehicle out there. And sounds like a jet landing when the motor slows down/ trans shifts. VByea people. no joke.

Sporty!
By Tara

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This convertible handles and drives awesome. Has a decent punch and looks fantastic. Super stylish and comfortable interior (for front passengers) with two-toned leather it doesn't get any better for the price!

The Spydy GT Automatic/Manual transmisission
By Greg Darby

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sweet. There's not much else that can be said. You can switch to manual and blast around slow moving vehicles at nearly 140 miles an hour.

The G's pin your head to the head rest.

Thank goodness that the Eagles are rated for 149 mph.

I love the ability to rapidly switch from automatic to manual assault.

Don't stop making this car. I will buy one for the rest of my life, so help me God.

Most reliable vehicle i have ever owned
By lordhelmit

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 03' spyder gts in Nov. 2011 with 127k miles at a used lot. I am writing this on 5/22/2014. I love this vehicle. So much. I have the 5 speed manual tranny, and this thing has some JUICE, to the point where, despite having been through 2 fender benders with no repairs other than cosmetics, still beats the faster 2007+ mustangs and ricer hondas/nissans/scions. Oh, my 03 eclipse is completely 100% totally stock. It now has 178k miles and not only runs brand spankin' new but still beats new cars in accel. contests. Despire neglecting oil changes, being through 2 wrecks, taking it off roading, putting it through hell on the street, this is the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned.

Convertible, 5 sp manual tranny

Higher red line make from 6k to 7k at least

2003 Mit Spyder convertable GS
By just1me

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

125 mi. and going strong! On time oil & transmission fluid changes, 3rd battery since purchase Aug 2003. 1 owner vehicle....seats are hard front & back & 1 door hinge doesn't stay open but that is my only dissatisfaction with this vehicle. I
use the auto transmission but it also came with a switch over to manuel transmission feature which I have not seen anywhere else yet but I know they do exists. I am looking for a truck now because of free range horse/cattle in my area. I will miss this car forever. Held up well in & out. I had avalanche truck -entire dash board circuitry went out-thanks for not letting me know chevy co! I will buy my new truck elsewhere! not like U couldn't find me duh!