2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
An average sort of "Sport" Convertible
By labethel on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Eclipse Spyder is relatively fun to drive, but ranks below other sport convertibles I have owned, e.g., the BMW Z3. The size is more accomodating, but design features such as the huge right blind-spot and the raised door jambs make this car a little uncomfortable. Handling is good and tight, as a sports cars should be. However, gas mileage on my particular car is lower than I have experienced on similar vehicles/engines. All in all, a fun mid-level car that is probably a few thousand dollars too expensive (even though I did get a pretty good deal).

Satisfied Spyder owner
By AF4ever on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Eclipse Spyder is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Absolutely sticks to the road no matter how bad the curves. Easy to talk to the passenger with the top down. Four cylinder has enough power. Gas mileage about the same between the four and six, looking back think six would have been a better choice so I could really drive like a maniac. Hard to beat the top down experience on a warm day.

fun to drive
By feibol on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car runs good and is fun to drive. You get the same than others get for a more expensive european convertible.

go eclipse
By trish on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car rocks my world i love the style and the way i can drive in it and my boyfriend likes it too

Fun
By spydr on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Deep in Minnesota and bought a convertible on a snowy January day. I have no regrets. The car handles better in the snow than the wifes minivan. Total fun in the sun and the car turns many heads.

Spyder
By mf charlie on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is sleek, and has alot of style. Fun to drive and very comfortable. Milage is good, but not what I expected for a small car. So far very reliable, even in the cold and snow.

2003 Spyder GTS
By ddouka on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yep, I just purchased a 2003 Spyder GTS on March 22, 2002. This had been on the lot for only 5 days. The styling is beautiful and turns heads wherever I go. The 6-disc, 210 watt in-dash CD has a great sound. The car came with virtually every option and priced out in excess of $30,000. The 17" wheels give it a great look. The top moves up and down very nicely. The boot is a bit cheap, but looks better than having nothing. Performance is adequate and steering response is very good. I find the drivers seat very comfortable with good headroom.

spyder
By benjayr on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

most fun car that I have ever driven

A great car, for a great price.
By Shizz on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Performance: Now the 3g Eclipse may not be a top notch performer, but it is pretty good. Especially since it actually has torque compared to some other imports. Compared to the old Eclipses though, with AWD and a turbo, the new Eclipse lacks. There is some aftermarket for the new eclipse coming out though. Comfort: VERY comfortable! Fun to drive: Yeah it is fun to drive, but feels a bit like a sedan. Interior Design: A bit boring, but it beats the Mustang at least. Exterior Design: You either hate it or like it. The pictures of it don't give it much justice, up close the car looks ten times better in my opinion.

Buy One
By E-5 on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I honestly don't think i could have chosen a better car for my purposes. I am stationed at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas and this car is perfect for all of my every day needs and also is sporty enough to impress all my friends. If you have the choice between this and the Mustang choose the Eclipse, something went wrong in the early 1980's because the Mustang just went down hill and has not recovered yet.