2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Eclipse Spyder GT
By matt6862 on 11/15/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car at a great price. Unsure when I bought whether or not it was the right car for me but it has eliminated all doubts. I'm from Wisconsin and it handles superbly in the snow.

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS
By Julia mashburn on 03/21/07 13:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased this car. It is fun to drive. It also is colored a Pearl White. The interior is clean. and the exterior has only one small nick on the bottom of the front. Every thing works in it. It has power locks power windows. It also has a keyless entry. The interior is brown cloth. The car only has 35,000 miles on it. The topper is beige. The driving experience has been so fun. It rides really smoothly and the gas pedal is very sensitive. That means you will be bugging down the road and not realize it. The gas mileage for this car is about 25 mpg. The battery has just started to leak, I think the wires were it charging too much. It holds one CD at a time and has a radio.

Great car for the money!
By SpyderGt on 12/22/06 12:34 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car with 43,000 miles on it. The only problems I had were with the AC not cooling (it needed servicing - $600 for "the works") and a bad battery (I bought top of the line at Sears for $120). The engine light was on due to a bad PCV solenoid and now it is good to go. Otherwise the car is fun to drive and looks cool. I don't know why Mitsubishi changed the model to the ugly looking new one. The new one looks like a souped up Avalon.

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
By Bill on 05/14/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder may not have the best performance, or be the coolest convertable, but I love it!

Fun Car
By jlj6670 on 12/23/05 22:01 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder is a fun car to drive, but no one ever likes to ride in it. Tall people beware - it is very uncomfortable. It has good pick up when you need it. However it is very costly to repair or maintain. I seem to need new tires all the time because of the low air pressure and the tires are very costly. Also, the rims bend too easily which affect the tires. I like the ease of use of the convertible top.

Like It as Much as the First Day I Bought It
By VJT on 09/30/05 07:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder has been a fun car. It is a good combination of power and pleasure. It keeps up with the other cars in it's class speed-wise and it just looks cool. People still watch these cars go buy with envy. It has blind spots, but no worse than the other convertibles that I looked at, the Honda S2000 is just as bad. Besides this is only a problem in parking lots, not everyday driving. I love the "manual" automatic transmission. I've had no mechanical problems, fortunately.

In love with my Spyder GT!!!
By TMF on 04/28/05 12:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love it! I just retired my minivan. Hugs the road...fun to drive! Paid only $13k for it used -- just 24,000 miles -- a steal. Mine doesn't have all the frills, but for the price (new or used) it can't be beat in it's class. Looks very elegant...classy. Fun to switch from automatic to manual, without the clutch.

CUTE CAR, BAD TIRE RIMS
By Elbee on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car but... I have one MAJOR complaint.the rims on this car are very susceptible to even the slightest potholes. i have had this car for less than a DAY, and already need to replace a dented/cracked rim from a minor pothole i hit. NHTSA has had a number of complaints about these rims. Mitsubishi is not willing to recall these rims, stating it isn't a problem, but the interesting thing is, why did they change the suspension and rims for the 2003 model if the 2002 was fine? so my advice, is get the 2003 if you have a choice and save yourself from needing to buy $350 rims the first time you hit a pothole, railroad tracks etc.

excellent
By boycrazylilcutie on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this car is awsome!!i love it soo much its the best car if ur a girl and love do drive fast with the hood down

love it
By Daniel Poynter on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

the greatest acr you will ever own