2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Fun Ride
By chicubsgal31 on 10/23/06 23:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. It is very fun in the summer, but able to keep warm in the winter as well. Leather seats a must with the convertible. I drive back and forth from home to school, a 200 mile drive, every weekend and it handles great on the interstates.

Excellent Car
By Rajesh on 10/16/06 06:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have no had problem with this car. Just the usual oil changes and maintenance. Everthing works excellently. It is worth the money that I spent on it. It is the best sporty car I have driven.

2001 Eclipse Spyder GT
By sam on 08/14/06 00:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was never a "big fan" of the body style change of the Eclipse in 2000, but I must say the Spyder still looks good. It is fun to drive and will get looks everywhere you go (and I'm not just saying that). With the top up it maintains a very sleek low profile. I have a burgundy GT with the tan top, which is very stylish. The version GT with the 3.0L engine is a must! Its gas mileage is almost exactly the same as the smaller engine (1 mile per gallon difference) so why skimp? The tiptronic auto is the best of both worlds, auto for in town and switch it to manual when it's time to have some fun. I highly recommend the car if you are looking for a convertible with extra seating. The rear seats might be a little tight, just hope for small kids.

Can't Wait to Get Rid of This Car!
By rmorse83 on 05/10/06 02:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my third convertible. I had two Sebring Convertibles prior to this one. I have to say that they never gave me the type of trouble this car has given me. The car has cost me so much money in repairs it's ridiculous. So far I have had a rear differential pressure sensor short which cost about $500 to replace, a center speaker blow, a total new set of rims because they bend so easily (they are cheap and the new ones have already begun to bend at the edges), an instrument panel and center stack light burn out, and a fog lamp replaced. To add injury to insult, the rear differential pressure sensor blew because of a Mitsubiahi dealer mechanic leaving off the radiator hose!

Spyder 01
By Deb on 07/09/05 09:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Use premium gas, it's worth it as the 6 burns it like a hog...Premium goes farther. Highway mileage is not bad at all. We'll see what the '06 brings.

01' Spyder GT Eclipse
By tawnya8618 on 11/23/04 12:01 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've have this car since Nov. of 00' and I can't say ONE bad thing about it! It was my first Mitsubishi and definitely wont be my last.

Best value in it's class
By jobpoy on 11/10/04 14:15 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car. Only issue was the stock wheels were a little boring so I replaced them. I have owned more than 10 cars in more than 20 years and this is by far the best one!

good car
By SpyderManDrew on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive... nice mechanically!

Just do it
By Podgy on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The looks are simply stunning (personal taste I know, but still stunning!) The interior, a bit plasticy, yes, but get leather and you won't notice it. The exhaust noise is a bit 2 Fast 2 Furious at low RPM, but at 4000rpm and up this thing sound like a Lamborghini, seriously.Take it from me, this car is worth every sub 20K dollar you will ever spend.If you want a Ferrari, buy one! If you want a Cadillac, buy one! If you want a convertible that looks like $15,000 more than you paid for it, goes better than most other "pony" cars on the road and is just big fun to drive, think Spyder. Trust me, you'll love it!

It's ok fun
By psw on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

purchased a repo,initially replcd top, rear bushings & front bumper, all under warranty, car has been no problem since, many highway miles, concerned with cracked dash and rear front spoiler has small fracture cracks. No I haven't hit anything. Think it's a defect. Cheap car, but it looks good. Fun to drive on a nice day.