Used 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Great car, love it
By danmcswain

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my eclipse for about a year and a half and have put more than 12000 miles on it since getting it. The car has been fantastic, it's a blast to drive, comfortable enough for long road trips (wouldn't suggest going cross country, but for 3-4 hours it isn't too bad). I've had the clutch master cylinder go out on me, but it wasn't a big deal to replace. Overall, I have to say this car has treated me well, parts aren't hard to find and are relatively cheap, when you actually need them anyway. It's a great, fairly cheap option as a sports car, not quite as fast as other cars, but other features more than make up for it, and it will out-handle more than its fair share. Enjoy it as I have.

Fantastic gearbox, great gas mileage, comfy interior, pretty car, great brakes, fun to drive, not overly expensive

cup holder location is terrible (right in front of the shifter, if you put anything in there, it interferes with shifting). Headlight sockets need replacement (the could catch on fire otherwise). Other than that, enjoy!

I love my little car
By mjstone323

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted something that wasn't falling apart - I had driven beaters my entire life and I just wanted something nice. Bonus for the convertible top! And it's got a pretty comfortable back seat - hard to find that in a convertible. I have only had to make minor repairs in the 5 years I've had it. It's just a wonderful car, so much fun to drive, and I get a lot of compliments. I would recommend it to anyone.

Lovely acceleration, great sound system, sturdy convertible top. The tektronic transmission is very handy on long steep grades.

Watch Your Transmission
By LaLa88126

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car a little over a year ago with only 38,000 miles on it. Since then, I have had to do regular wear and tear maintenance like replacing the starter, brakes, and so forth. The only major thing is my transmission suddenly went out on me without warning. And also, my top was replaced and now leaks all into the backseat of the car. Other than that huge problem, I love riding around with the top down. The sound is awesome and I just hope I don't have any major issues with it for awhile.

Tires, trunk, comfort.

Better headlights. Restoration needed to early.

Love it
By Rebecca

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved driving this car. I always receive compliments on how sharp this car looks. The only negative is when I have the top up it creates a blind spot.

Everything!

One powerfull Spyder
By #1Spyder

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Mitsubishi - a 2001 eclipse spyder convertible and I couldn't ask for a nicer ride, with lots of power. I have done a few upgrades and wow!, this v6 kicks but, but you gotta do a couple of things to wake the motor up. My ride has about 300 foot pounds of torque. This car is like a dream to drive anywhere. With a sound system upgrade how could you not look an think wow a performance sounding, stereo pounding, sleek styling car.

Styling- interior an exterior, rims, sound system wowed me. Well the whole car is my fave.

More power under hood, a sixth gear, and light bar (roll bar).