1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Review: 1998 RED Hot Mitsubishi Eclips

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Review

GS Convertible (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

1998 RED Hot Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
By marcyjp on

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible

I bought my Eclipse in October of 1998 and have loved driving it whenever I get the chance to take it out. I love to throw the top down turn up the stereo and let this car take me wherever I am going. I have 128,000 miles on my eclipse and it looks like the day I brought it home! This car is a real eye catcher. I was pulled over and the office didn't believe that I had given him the right insurance card so he asked for the card for the new car, I told him it had 98,000 mile on it and he still had to look at the odometer. No problems just maintain it. I still have the original exhaust and everything! My kids and their friends have always loved riding in it too.

I love convertibles, I love shifting gears, and the looks of this model has been my favorite. I had a 1995 Eagle Talon SI in 1995 and I loved it too, but when I saw the turbo Eclipse convertible in Feb. 1996, I knew I really wanted one and I have never been disappointed!

Change the body style of the newer one I have never liked them since they changed in 2000.
By cliffhnger
on 01/26/13 07:45 AM (PST)

I have a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Convertible. I've only owned it since last August. I must admit that the top did have some issues that took some time an patients to resolve. I've added a cold air intake and also a G-force chip. Although it is an automatic gearbox it's performance is like nothing I've ever experienced. It has almost no turbo lag and it appears to be rare that it is front wheel rather then all wheel drive. I love the styling and with around 90,000 miles on it I'm simply amazed at how much horspower it produces. This spring I plan to take it to Oxford Speedway to find out exactly what it can do. I paid a higher price buying it from a dealers lot but It always keeps me smiling.