1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Consumer Reviews

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - Consumer Reviews

GS-T 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
I'm a chick with an awesome car!
By Mrs. Puglisi on 05/30/10 00:17 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

K, Enough about this ride being a chick magnet! I'm a chick and I drive this thing! I'm not the typical type of girl, though, No car accidents! It's a sporty, fast car! Still have to see if my 2 toddlers would fit in it! This is the type of car that I've always wanted and at 25, I got it, WOOP WOOP! Sorry to all the suckas who have to get a car to try and get girls. Better luck at a bar!

Fast but not furious
By jimbo on 02/27/09 12:01 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought the car with 57k miles on it - hasn't even had it's first timing belt change - from the second owner. I thoroughly enjoy the car, and it is quite quick. I would not call it "fast", but it does move pretty darn good!

Middle Age Toy
By InspectorDave on 08/01/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 98 GS-T Spyder for my 50th b'day. Very fun to drive but pushing the clutch in Atlanta traffic got old. Finally let my teenage son drive it to school for his Sr year. Had to have the valve guide replace, seems to be typical for Mits. engines. Recently the throw out bearing seized up so had to cough up $900 for new clutch kit. Just started driving again and enjoying it while summer traffic is a little lighter. Yes, the front speakers went awol but I replaced with inexpensive set of Jensens from Auto Zone that sound great. Convertible top and brackets are now in need of repair.

Nice
By Marco on 04/14/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

Well I bought an eclipse syder gst with 48,000 miles, and I think the GS-T is reliable and also fast. I have won so many races, I picked up a lot of girls and I have no problems with it. When u first drive the gst it feels fast but then you don't even notice until you drive a normal eclipse. I think the eclipse spyder gst will last me for a long time.

Fun and Reliable
By Adan on 09/19/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I am the second owner of this car and the only thing I had to fix was the alternator and that was recently. My car has 140,000 miles on it and it still runs great. I didn't drive it for about two of the six years that I've had it, but I put roughly about 30,000 miles or more on it every other year. I wish it could last forever.

This Car is the Best!
By spyderturbo98 on 09/05/05 02:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder last year. I thought it had no power, but it turned out to be my intake hose it was leaking air. I replace it and bam! i can't believe it...

Pretty Sweet
By Stizz on 01/08/05 20:39 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

Well, I got my '98 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T about a month ago, and ever since people have been asking for rides or drives. The fact is, it's a chick magnet-the issue of no backseat space it totally true, even a midget would have trouble getting back there. I could really care less if it has space to take 4 people, the point is-it can carry a girl in the passenger seat. This is an awesome looking car; mine came fitted with a loud blow-off valve which makes it all the more fun to rev up. The only problem I have with it is the first tank of gas I used, I got about 160 miles out of a full tank which equates to roughly 10 mpg, which is terrible. I dont know if its my gas tank sensor or what but this definitely isn't a 10 mpg car.

Questionable
By Turbo T on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

The car is great, motors run forever and they certanly love boost, 29psi... mods definatly make this car a great one to drive. Only complants is the rear seat sux, and it leaks unbelievably bad in two front corners and through the back window.

my 5 year experience
By spyder98 on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought my gst new back in july of 98. Since then I've added 141,000 miles. I love the look and performance of this car. It still brings a smile to my face everyday I get in it. I also have an extended warranty which has covered almost $3k in repairs so far. This is an average at best car reliability wise. But very fun to drive. Back seat is a bit cramped. Trunk space is small.

phat car
By david4 on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

great quality for a low price