Used 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - Consumer Reviews

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T

GS-T 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (17 reviews )

Whats with all the whining?
By Tbird-eclipse

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

There are a lot of whiny people on here, it's 13 years old people. This is a great car. Mine has 129,000 miles and has giving me NO ISSUES at all expect for water pump, that's it. Very fast, very sporty, incredible gas mileage for the power and lets out, and a beautiful design that still looks great compared with other ugly bubble but cars today. Glad I bought it, it turns heads everywhere I go and have had many random strangers tell me they want my car. The only other car that competes and I would buy would be a 1993-1995 Ford Thunderbird Sports Coupe but it doesn't come as a convertible so would have to convert it which I'm considering doing.

Style, Gas Mileage, Turbo (could be bigger, thinking about upgrading) Handling, Sporty inside and out

Get rid of no functional backseats, bigger trunk

Speed
By ESPVIK

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

This thing rocks and always will. I have put some money into it, but it is all for speed, so many mods, not enough time. This thing is the best - by far the greatest car ever owned.

NO more wet roofs!
By oceangirl

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

Hi everyone, Wanna know how to stop the leaks? go to Walmart, in the camping section there is waterproofer, it cost 4 dollars...it has an orange top on the can...spray your car two times...no more driving in the rain.... The car rocks!

Take care of your car!!
By convoyman

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car has been such a blast! With improved engine mods and meticulous care, this car is over 130k mi. and still running strong. I've never had any mechanical problems with the car in the year that I've owned it. Not only has it been reliable from getting from A to B, but fun getting there! The power added from a bigger turbo, intercooler, blow off valve, fuel injectors, air filter and exhaust will pin you in your seat and have everyone watching as you do it. So many mods are available, but body mods aren't needed- the car looks great as is.

Engine very easy to work on and diagnose. Power in 2nd and 3rd gear. Responsive steering. Gas mileage on highway is great.

Bigger turbo- at least 16g. Trunk space stinks. Beef up rear suspension, other wise you'll roast the tires all through 1st gear.

I wanted, I got, I'm selling
By BGD82

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I've put about 40,000 miles since I bought my Eclipse Spyder GS-T used with 113,000 miles in 06/03. In the last year and a half, I've had to replace the passenger window track twice (it's broken again, haven't yet fixed it), had about 3 or 4 check engine light occurrences, a horrible problem with thick blue smoke from the tailpipe while idling, horribly- rattling doors, a roof that badly leaks through the back window and the A-pillars, a radio that's never worked (CD player & changer in trunk work fine), and an antenna that won't go all the way down. I shouldn't have bought a car with so many miles, but I wanted one badly at the time. Now, I'm trying to sell it.

The power from the turbocharged motor is crazy. I love the handling too. It's fun to drive, especially with the top down on a nice day. Still gets a lot of looks, even though it's almost 8 yrs. old. I still love the styling; much better looking than the new Eclipse.

The turning radius is horrible. My Benz ML320 can make a tighter U-turn than my Eclipse. I wish the front seats reclined. Fix the rattling doors. Put rear seat headrests.