Used 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Whats with all the whining?
By Tbird-eclipse

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

There are a lot of whiny people on here, it's 13 years old people. This is a great car. Mine has 129,000 miles and has giving me NO ISSUES at all expect for water pump, that's it. Very fast, very sporty, incredible gas mileage for the power and lets out, and a beautiful design that still looks great compared with other ugly bubble but cars today. Glad I bought it, it turns heads everywhere I go and have had many random strangers tell me they want my car. The only other car that competes and I would buy would be a 1993-1995 Ford Thunderbird Sports Coupe but it doesn't come as a convertible so would have to convert it which I'm considering doing.

Style, Gas Mileage, Turbo (could be bigger, thinking about upgrading) Handling, Sporty inside and out

Get rid of no functional backseats, bigger trunk

GREAT CAR
By liz

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible

I read some of the other reviews and wondered if I had the same car. Mine has never given me any major problems. I bought 4 yrs old and has been my primary car for the last 4 yrs. I did replace the top 2 yrs ago and the top brackets. Other than that, we are talking different cars as mine has been great fun and a joy to drive. I have the 5 spd manual and takes corners great, the turning radius is tight, gas mileage around 25, radio works fine, no rattling, nothing loose or broken, dealer oil changes, rare front brake pad replacement, tranny fine. Maybe I'm in the wrong section?

Driving with the top down on winding roads.

none

Speed
By ESPVIK

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

This thing rocks and always will. I have put some money into it, but it is all for speed, so many mods, not enough time. This thing is the best - by far the greatest car ever owned.

Convertibles issues
By Rachel

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible

The convertible top on my car leaked every time we had a bad rain. It was horrible driving with the rain pouring in from all different places. My car also had an engine problem where it was burning oil and I'd have to put a quart of oil in it almost every week. And when it was raining and I drove over a lot of water in the road, it would cause the car to shake horribly and I would have to pull over and wait and rev the engine to dry it out. But, despite all its issues it never actually broke down on me. The engine was strong, and I will definitely purchase another Mitsubishi in the future. If I had it to do over the only thing I would change would be to get the hatchback instead. Ha.

NO more wet roofs!
By oceangirl

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

Hi everyone, Wanna know how to stop the leaks? go to Walmart, in the camping section there is waterproofer, it cost 4 dollars...it has an orange top on the can...spray your car two times...no more driving in the rain.... The car rocks!