1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Best cheap turbo car
By liquid on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

There is nothing like pulling up to a mustang at a stoplight reving your motor up and smiling as you burnout and leave that V-8 in the dust. Don't let anyone tell you that turbo 4 cylinders are not fast.

Love my Spyder
By Tim D'Angelo on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible

I love my spyder. It is probably one of the most underrated cars. The engine is screaming to be upgraded and when you do hang on to your hat. I've left many 50k performance cars wondering what just beat them. Get one, learn about it and then mod it...

Fun to drive, great to drop the top
By greaserz on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible

Fun little car. Bought a 5-speed blue Spyder. Handles great at all speeds, nice ride, peppy engine. Good gas mileage. I owned a BMW 325iC convertible before this, and this car is quieter than my BMW convertible was. Decent seats, and overall interior is pretty good.

Drained my wallet
By thom on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible

The car is the worst I have ever purchased in my life. From its mechanical failures to its plastic body feeling, it has totally failed me. I bought the car for my daughter and the car has not gone 2 mths without something going wrong. Just be careful when you purchase a vehicle like this. The oil pan leaks, which burnt the heads and now the transmission is slipping. Need I say more. I will. The interior is falling apart. The plastic inside is crap. thats it, i am out.

better than i thought
By jcbh on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

the turbo whine is enough of a jolt to the system to almost make me forget the car's an automatic. 82k miles and its still pulling strong

greeat car
By freedom rings on 03/02/02 10:26 AM (PST)

great car.........

OOOOOOOOOOW!
By Jess on 02/28/02 22:35 PM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo 2dr Convertible

I just love the whole car, the look and the way it drives, I have raced it and it was wonderful also my boyfriend rally's it and it is still in top shape