Used 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

One of the top cars for me
By jivko atanassov

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't want to buy the Diamante initially because of size or fuel scares. The Diamante has surpassed all my expectations, the car is luxurious, lots of standard extras sometimes I need some engine power to get out of difficult road situations. This car has all the power needed and then some. The traction control has saved me a couple of times also. ABS is also there. The gets 20.5 mpg average. And this is a luxury full size sedan with 3.5 liter engine. I got it with all extras for less money than the added cost for the same extras alone in another brand. Go figure. Nice product, poor marketing. For a family of four it is a perfect car And if I have to chose again now? Yes!!!

Favorite Features

It has fine leather every where, moon roof and strong a/c , electric powered seats (with memory), windows, mirrors, heated seats. Even the mirrors are heated. It has tons of power. Nice aluminum wheels, cruise control, traction control and abs, good size tires. Fast and stable. Fuel efficient.

Suggested Improvements

none

Not Bad
By Not Bad

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice vehicle, especially when figuring in the value. Priced well below its competitors. LS loaded with features. Great engine. Interior ergonomics are comical. Surprisingly little thought put into switchology. Can't see speedo behind wheel. I just can't get comfortable in this car, as nice as it appears. Poor city mileage. Troublesome brakes. Have redone front brakes twice in 20,000 miles. Mitsubishi is famous for warping the rotors. Much preferred the previous grille to the current one.

Favorite Features

Engine, audio, quiet at speed.

Suggested Improvements

Place some thought into interior controls. Beef up brake rotors.

Great Car
By TexasJoe

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After owning several cars over my lifetime I can say this is definitely the best so far. The car is very reliable, inexpensive to own, gets great mileage (20-24 city and 32-38 highway depending on my lead foot). The engine has a lot of power if you need it to. Taking turns sharp will automatically throttle the engine to keep you from losing control (did I mention my lead foot?). Interior comfort has really spoiled me on other cars. I have recently car shopped with a friend and wasn't happy with the interiors of newer cars in comparison. My only complaint is the leather is Black. In Texas, that makes for hot summers but the comfort makes up for it.

Favorite Features

The power moonroof gets a lot of use and the power seats (passenger too) highlight the quality of this car. The onboard computer that provides a lot of information ranging from the amount of gas used, mileage, average speed, etc is great.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back so I can buy a new one.

A great all round car
By Grant stockdale

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my Third Diamante just love them I've had this one lowered 50 mm [2 inches] the standard rims replaced with 18 inch mags and low profile tires. WOW she looks so smart makes her just that little bit different than other Diamantes The car is a wee bit heavy on gas around town but I get great highway miles in absolute comfort good dash features and a good quality CD player stereo etc the one fault would be a little too much road noise above 50 mph the car has awesome mid range acceleration and is confident and sure on the road a good car for the family or put it in the "sport mode" and become 18 again WOOF WOOF

Favorite Features

Good looking car with modern styling comfortable Powerful motor good acceleration for weight of vehicle Sticks to the road like puppy doo on your shoe

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise after all this is a "LUXURY" vehicle

Satisfied
By Satisfied

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Three-time Mitsubishi product owner (Eclipse '91, Expo '94 and Diamante) - all exceptional value for the expectation. Ran the first two into the ground. Bought this used with 16,000 miles, and I have no reason to suspect that this model will not make the grade. Interior has a couple of flaws - seams splitting on back bench and carpet pullaways, and sound system seems to have been challenged by someone's bass setting, but it runs great and keeps up on the highway.