2004 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
One of the top cars for me
By jivko atanassov on 11/22/09 03:55 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't want to buy the Diamante initially because of size or fuel scares. The Diamante has surpassed all my expectations, the car is luxurious, lots of standard extras sometimes I need some engine power to get out of difficult road situations. This car has all the power needed and then some. The traction control has saved me a couple of times also. ABS is also there. The gets 20.5 mpg average. And this is a luxury full size sedan with 3.5 liter engine. I got it with all extras for less money than the added cost for the same extras alone in another brand. Go figure. Nice product, poor marketing. For a family of four it is a perfect car And if I have to chose again now? Yes!!!

Not Bad
By Not Bad on 06/26/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice vehicle, especially when figuring in the value. Priced well below its competitors. LS loaded with features. Great engine. Interior ergonomics are comical. Surprisingly little thought put into switchology. Can't see speedo behind wheel. I just can't get comfortable in this car, as nice as it appears. Poor city mileage. Troublesome brakes. Have redone front brakes twice in 20,000 miles. Mitsubishi is famous for warping the rotors. Much preferred the previous grille to the current one.

Great Car
By TexasJoe on 07/21/08 06:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After owning several cars over my lifetime I can say this is definitely the best so far. The car is very reliable, inexpensive to own, gets great mileage (20-24 city and 32-38 highway depending on my lead foot). The engine has a lot of power if you need it to. Taking turns sharp will automatically throttle the engine to keep you from losing control (did I mention my lead foot?). Interior comfort has really spoiled me on other cars. I have recently car shopped with a friend and wasn't happy with the interiors of newer cars in comparison. My only complaint is the leather is Black. In Texas, that makes for hot summers but the comfort makes up for it.

A great all round car
By Grant stockdale on 04/29/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my Third Diamante just love them I've had this one lowered 50 mm [2 inches] the standard rims replaced with 18 inch mags and low profile tires. WOW she looks so smart makes her just that little bit different than other Diamantes The car is a wee bit heavy on gas around town but I get great highway miles in absolute comfort good dash features and a good quality CD player stereo etc the one fault would be a little too much road noise above 50 mph the car has awesome mid range acceleration and is confident and sure on the road a good car for the family or put it in the "sport mode" and become 18 again WOOF WOOF

Satisfied
By Satisfied on 02/09/08 08:37 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Three-time Mitsubishi product owner (Eclipse '91, Expo '94 and Diamante) - all exceptional value for the expectation. Ran the first two into the ground. Bought this used with 16,000 miles, and I have no reason to suspect that this model will not make the grade. Interior has a couple of flaws - seams splitting on back bench and carpet pullaways, and sound system seems to have been challenged by someone's bass setting, but it runs great and keeps up on the highway.

Unexpected
By Educator on 04/01/07 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the LS model unexpectedly last Dec, and drove 7,500 miles in 3 1/2 months, mostly mixed city driving. It is fun to drive on interstates at high speeds, I did up to 110 mph on I-15. I never considered buying it but grow to like it more and more. Nice, powerful growl when briskly accelerating, strong a/c and Infinity stereo, interior power equipment, and good day-to-day qualities.

A Good Deal
By Bill T on 02/05/07 20:35 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Diamante for several reasons. One is the warranty. If you buy after 8-1-04 the second owner gets the balance of the 5 year or 60,000 mile coverage. I also like the way it looks. It has all the features of a more expensive car. I looked at more expensive cars, but to buy them I would have had to go higher mileage, have no warranty, and get someone else's problems.

Diamante VR-X Rocks!
By captkirkstny on 12/19/06 10:38 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased August 2004. this is my second Diamante and third Mitsubishi. My dealer is 100 miles away. I only return there because of the free scheduled maintenance. Otherwise this car has been trouble free. That's how reliable these cars are. I did have to replace the driver window switch which is under warranty.

Good Overall Car
By Toya on 07/02/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Mitsubishi Diamante has great acceleration, but it doesn't handle curves all that well. I also wish that it would have a temperature guage for the outside. The comfort level inside is superb. I can never go back to cloth, and manual seats again. This car has spoiled me without being too pricey.

Great Value
By Bill-WPB on 01/13/06 07:37 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the new look for the 2004 Diamante. It is the same great car with a little more style! The only down side, at over 50 mph the wind noise is annoying.