Used 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Sweet Ride
By Robboman48

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 79k miles for $7k. Same yr Avalon $15k. Added Bosch Platinum 4 plugs and it changed this car immediately. Has plenty of go, we now average 27 mph hwy on regular gas and Valvoline hi-mileage synthetic oil. Never a problem, looks and positive comments from others. Very comfy on a + 6hr ride in front and back. Leather is sweet and sound system is great. Best buy for the money.

It has a sweet little exhaust rumble that gets attention on acceleration but goes silent at hwy speeds.

I would advise anyone to add the Bosch Platinum 4 plugs. It definitely increases gas mileage and the performance can be felt. Had NGK Platinums originally. Installed plugs myself with front 3 easy, back three take time since you have to remove the fuel manifold. No hard, time consuming.

Diamante LS
By BRANDEN

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a blessing for me! Cold A/C and very comfortable to sit in! Just have a few complaints. Fuel economy is terrible, especially in the city, and showing signs of rust and paint is starting to peel on the hood! All and all this car's performance is awesome. Transmission doesn't seem to shift at the right time especially when you punch it right off the line! Using Full Synthetic Motor Oil has increased horsepower greatly and be sure to run only premium fuel in these cars to help get the most out of your gas tank!

Acceleration, Heated Seats, Cold A/C

The transmission needs to be able to handle the power/torque that the 3.5L V6 can put out!!

My V-RX Rocks
By Josie

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 137K on mine and all I've had to replace is brakes and tires. (Bridgestone Insignia s-200's are a great replacement for the Goodyears it came with improves ride greatly)Plenty of power and if you use synthetic oil you can get 22mpg in town and better on the hwy. Since switching to synthetic oil it gets 22mpg consistently in town weather I lead foot it or drive like Grandma. This is the perfect blend between sports car and luxury car. Luxury usually sacrifices a bit of style and pep which this has both, and sports cars usually sacrifice smooth ride which this has too.This is the closest thing you can get to a BMW or a Mercedes for 30 grand. Camry and Accord feel cheap by comparison.

The climate control you can set the exact temperate example 72 degrees. also the black and silver interior locks great and wears well.Also mine is Franklin Silver the perfect color not quite gray but not that bright cheesy silver.

Something my husband 2008 Honda Civic SI has that I wish I did radio controls on the steering wheel.

nice car but could of did better
By Nikki

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well I bought my Diamante used.. I loved this car when I test drove it. Beware! This car carries a high symbol for insurance rates. This car is 5 years old and has a higher symbol than most brand new cars. Not worth it to insure it . Get insurance quote before u buy. Other than the high insurance and the 19 mpg on highway (which sucks with the price gas today) ---- I'm trading it in. For cheaper insurance and better gas mileage . On the other hand the car has a nice style about it. It runs smooth. Oh and not very good in snow or slush. Parts and labor are more expensive

sun roof, leather seats, heated seats, the luxury feel

better gas mileage

Beautiful Car
By Deborah

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car new in 03. Overall this car is so beautiful and rivals BMW and Lexus in my opinion. It's designed beautifully both inside and out and is unique from other luxury sedans. We have had some quality issues however. The brake light in the rear windshield constantly falls and we've taken it to the dealer 5 times. They still haven't fixed it. We have to keep it propped up. Plastics are very cheap looking. The black rubber molding in the passenger side door has had to be replaced in the front seat and the back seat is now having issues too. Also issues with paint chipping and wind noise. Glove box doesn't latch properly and hangs open a bit even when closed.

Exterior design - it's beautiful. Wood grain inside is lovely. The engine. It's powerful and smooth. I love the sound the engine makes when I rev it on the highway. Gas mileage - 31 to 35 on the highway. Could do better around town though.

Quality quality quality!! This car a terribly expensive to have sooo many quality control issues! Maybe this is why they no longer make the Diamante.