2003 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Sweet Ride
By Robboman48 on 06/21/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 79k miles for $7k. Same yr Avalon $15k. Added Bosch Platinum 4 plugs and it changed this car immediately. Has plenty of go, we now average 27 mph hwy on regular gas and Valvoline hi-mileage synthetic oil. Never a problem, looks and positive comments from others. Very comfy on a + 6hr ride in front and back. Leather is sweet and sound system is great. Best buy for the money.

Diamante LS
By BRANDEN on 06/17/09 08:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a blessing for me! Cold A/C and very comfortable to sit in! Just have a few complaints. Fuel economy is terrible, especially in the city, and showing signs of rust and paint is starting to peel on the hood! All and all this car's performance is awesome. Transmission doesn't seem to shift at the right time especially when you punch it right off the line! Using Full Synthetic Motor Oil has increased horsepower greatly and be sure to run only premium fuel in these cars to help get the most out of your gas tank!

My V-RX Rocks
By Josie on 09/03/08 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 137K on mine and all I've had to replace is brakes and tires. (Bridgestone Insignia s-200's are a great replacement for the Goodyears it came with improves ride greatly)Plenty of power and if you use synthetic oil you can get 22mpg in town and better on the hwy. Since switching to synthetic oil it gets 22mpg consistently in town weather I lead foot it or drive like Grandma. This is the perfect blend between sports car and luxury car. Luxury usually sacrifices a bit of style and pep which this has both, and sports cars usually sacrifice smooth ride which this has too.This is the closest thing you can get to a BMW or a Mercedes for 30 grand. Camry and Accord feel cheap by comparison.

nice car but could of did better
By Nikki on 04/30/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well I bought my Diamante used.. I loved this car when I test drove it. Beware! This car carries a high symbol for insurance rates. This car is 5 years old and has a higher symbol than most brand new cars. Not worth it to insure it . Get insurance quote before u buy. Other than the high insurance and the 19 mpg on highway (which sucks with the price gas today) ---- I'm trading it in. For cheaper insurance and better gas mileage . On the other hand the car has a nice style about it. It runs smooth. Oh and not very good in snow or slush. Parts and labor are more expensive

Beautiful Car
By Deborah on 07/16/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car new in 03. Overall this car is so beautiful and rivals BMW and Lexus in my opinion. It's designed beautifully both inside and out and is unique from other luxury sedans. We have had some quality issues however. The brake light in the rear windshield constantly falls and we've taken it to the dealer 5 times. They still haven't fixed it. We have to keep it propped up. Plastics are very cheap looking. The black rubber molding in the passenger side door has had to be replaced in the front seat and the back seat is now having issues too. Also issues with paint chipping and wind noise. Glove box doesn't latch properly and hangs open a bit even when closed.

Best Car Out There!!
By itty diamante on 03/28/07 14:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my car! Mine is very fast. I maintain mine and do oil changes religiously so it is still in great shape with 65,000 miles on it. It hasn't spent one day in the garage. I love the appearance, all the options, and the size. I can have my son's car seat in the middle and still have room for adult passengers on both sides of him. I have more room for people and stuff than small SUVs. The trunk space is very generous. All the luxury items without the over-inflated price tag!

Diamante is "Okay"
By Ray on 08/09/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The stiff ride improved significantly with the addition of Goodyear Assurance tires. Overall the Diamante is a pretty good value for the money. It is reliable but had little glitches initially and I spend several days at the dealer having noises fixed and things adjusted. I am currently having trouble finding patch paint and misc. parts. I would like more power but it's adequate as is. A recent trip East gave me a low of 22 and high of 29 mpg - overall 26.54 mpg at 70+ mph all the way - I'm pleased. I will probably keep this one for a while as my "work" transportation. Too bad they stopped importing the car.

Groovy, Cool Wheels
By muscleman on 01/17/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante. It has all the creature comforts that I was lookintg for. When I drive by ladies with the Infinity stereo blastin' loud, they always give me the eye. I love the feel of the leather seats. this is the best car in the world! I wish I could live in it.

Worst Car Ever
By HIGH ROLLer on 01/02/06 20:35 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante was the worst car ever. I bought it to see what everyone was talking about and I have no idea what they were thinking. This car is pathetic. I returned it as soon as possible. I suggest the 2006 BMW 7-Series; that is the car I got once I returned that piece of trash. It has horrible handling, terrible interior comfort, and the outside is hideous. If I were one of these owners I would pay Mitsubishi to take it off my hands.

Cool Design, Poor Build
By MikeD on 12/14/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante looks great - it definitely gets praise for its "coolness factor.: However, the build quality is terrible. I’ve previously owned Toyotas so maybe I’m used cars being tight and relatively maintenance free. This car has had constant rattles in the interior, the console is made of all cheap plastic materials, at 13,000 miles the front rotors were warped (not covered under warranty), I have three rust spots on the hood (not covered under warranty), there is squeak when turning sharply (dealer can’t find), in cold weather the door takes about ten slams to get it to close correctly, and the glove box has somehow sagged, This car is now worth less than half than what I paid (no seriously, in less than two years it depreciated by $16,000).

1 2 3 4 5 next »