Used 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

They are on to something here...
By ColoTracy

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always loved the look of this car and I really fell in love with the 0% financing. This car is right on the edge of being something really special with a few minor refinements. Overall, the car is a solid contender in the introductory luxury car market. With a some engineering and design checnges in the future it could rule its class!!!

Unique exterior design that gets tons of looks. Audio system is impressive, but lacks a standard 6-CD changer, which I would expect from a $30k car. Handles fantastic in the ice and snow of a Colorado winter (blowing by the rear-wheel drive BMW's). Massive trunk. Quiet ride.

Side Impact Airbags, Head-Curtain Airbags, Minimum of an additional 20- horsepower, 5-speed shiftable automatic transmission, optional navigation system, relocate steering- wheel audio controls, auto-dimming rearview mirror, compass, a little less body role in turns.

this diamond is a girl's best friend
By LEElee

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

vehicle fun to drive, classy. no let's not leave this diamond behind.

the screen for the air.

have more space on the door to store things. have the radio to continue to play until you open the door.

Love this Car !!
By GLAB

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a quiet, smooth driving, Zippy car. The high torque engine is fantastic. Transmission shifts very smoothly downshifting when you need it and acceleration is great ! The car is loaded with the features you use and the automatic climate control is great ! The stereo sounds fantastic and gets rave reviews by every passenger that gets a ride.

Engine, transmission, and comfort features....Auto climate control, seating, sound system.

Although I would rarely use it, fold down rear seats for extended trunk space. Although Every car I have seen this feature sacrifices rear seat comfort. I prefer having the rear seat comfort. The trunk space is really more than enough.

VR-X Great Car!
By RobbieHe

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in November after first test driving it back in August. I had two Gallants previously, a 1996 and a 1999, both four cylinder versions. I saw the VR-X off at a distance back in August and knew that I wanted to take a closer look. It's a great looking car! When I first test drove it, I realized that it was simply on a different plane when compared to the Gallants. It's fast, tight, and super cool-looking on the inside.

Unique look, leather seats, red night lighting, good power, and I have not seen another VR-X on the road! I really would recommend giving it a test drive and reading other consumer reviews as well.

I don't particularly like the tires that came with it. Nor do I like the horn, which sounds like it should belong on a scooter.

A Great Car often Overlooked
By Dustin R

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the price. Its roomy, has good performance, and looks good. I have over 5K miles and no problems. Lots of standard features leather, 10 way power driver 8 way power passenger seats, a great traction control system, and good brakes (a must have).

The smooth engine, sport tuned suspension on my VRX, the nice soft touch classy materials used on the interior.

More features like a trip computer especially for a car of this price range, maybe an optional navigation system and stability system, a 17 inch wheel package with the VRX sport package. More horse power in VRX for true sport sedan.