Used 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Mourning my loss
By Steven Cain

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2002 LS on Ebay on 11-17- 03 and got a heck of a deal, still under warranty. Totaled the car in 02- 04. Did not own the car long enough to give a good evaluation of it. Tremendous praise for the car in the crash. I put the nose of the car into a '97 Ford Mustang's door who failed to yield right of way ( ran a stop sign ) at 60 MPH and punted the Mustang some 150 Ft like a football. From the "A" pillars back there was "NO" damage. The only damage inside the cabin was the airbags deployed. The car held together well for such a violent impact!

Infinity Sound System, digital like display instrumentation, Power Moon Roof, and darn good looks.

Get rid of the crappy "V" rated tires. This is not a sports car, nor really a sports sedan either.

Luxo At Half The Price!!
By DOntTryItX

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

ok, I bought this car USED (2002, With 20k Miles Still Under factory Wrty, For 14k) So I Personally like RESALE VALUES to Go down (Its a 30k Car) I Buy all cars 1 yr old or 2 yr's, for Half the Price. - if your a smart CONSUMER, do not buy this car NEW!! You will lose around 15k The First Year....

Heated Seats, Climate Control, PRICE WHEN ITS USED!!

I wish I couldve FOUND something, SO I wouldnt buy this car (Because Freinds dont like Mitsibishi's) But I couldnt Find Anything...

Buy One!
By Diamante

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new leftover '02 and paid 21K for it. I have had no problems and get 22 mpg in combination driving. I love the car and it looks better than any Acura/Lexus/Infinity. After all the Acura TL is just a Honda Accord, the Infinity I30 is just a Nissan Maxima and the Lexus ES300 is nothing more than a Toyota Camry. Why pay big money for a slightly fancier version of their run of the mill vehicles. The styling and the smooth ride of the Diamante, plus the fact that everybody and his brother doesn't own one, made the decision to buy easy for me.

Styling, without a doubt the best looking sedan made. The ride is smooth. The heated seats keep my butt warm here in these Ohio winters. The stereo, who can complain about an Infinity stereo? The high torque 3.5L V6 makes entering the freeway a snap.

A 5-speed automatic transmission, (o/d), would probably improve the mileage. Dual exhaust would add a few extra horses. Variable valve timing would had a lot of extra horses.

My Opinion Hasn't Changed! VRX Rocks
By KentS

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my VR-X in 2002 and now have over 50K on it (I'm a frequent commuter between Charleston, SC and Atlanta -- if you don't blink you'll see me) and this is a great car! My only complaint is the terrible Goodyear Tires that I'm getting ready to replace. Sorry to say that I see one on the road every now and then, so it's not quite as unique as it used to be, but that's good news for some.

Interior styling. Leather seats -- if you like them new, wait until they are fully broken in. I have an XM radio antenna sitting on the back deck inside the car under the slanted rear glass and get perfect reception.

Full function trip computer, CD Changer

VRX- fun to drive
By BigSheek

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive and new dash is eye catching. Sleek new lines but gas mileage could be better. Less than what was advertised.

Body style and acceleration are features to take notice of.

Something needs to be done about the gas mileage. Advertised to be mid 20s but I have yet to see it hit 20 mpg.