2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Love The Diamante LS
By Old 27 Lancer on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven the Diamante LS over 33,000 miles in 10 months. The only negative feature has been the junk Goodyear GA tires now through the second set. Cruise at 80-90 with no problems. Speeds over 110 are dangerous with air lift under the car's fully enclosed chasis plate creating a wobble. Comfort is good; panic stopping has been a life saver. I'd buy another one. The plan is to accumulate 200,000 miles on this car for business; I think it can do it with no problem.

Japanese BMW!!
By Tim Zdrale on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my 2002 Diamante LS! I consider this automobile to be a real bargain!! The car looks good, rides well and is quality made! A good combo Japanese design and Austrailian built! I plan to keep the car so resale is not an issue and it is a keeper! I have every option I could want in a car! Japanese BMW? You better believe it!

from leasing to owning
By 187 on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I liked the finanacing, plus there were no options. all was included. that was the hook. then as I drove and owned the car it performed, drove quite well. from 1 to 10 I rate it an 8 or 9 only because there isnt an auto that deserves a 10 im quit satisfied with the Mitsubishi ls 4 dr all leather seats moon roof, 6 cyl a real nice car. I expect to have it a long time, if i were to replace it I would by it again

Run from Mitsubishi as fast as you can!
By AJ EZ on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Engine completely broke after servicing at dealer who denied any wrongdoing. Needed to replace engine at my cost and what a cost. This company makes junk! Just look at their reliability records to see for yourself. You have been forewarned! AJ

jb's diamante
By JB6528 on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

good mpg, averaging 25 highway burning reg. gas w/o any negative results. emerengy brake handle is a very poor placement. on extended trips with cruise control the handle placement is always in the way of my right leg placement. repositioning it inward just an inch or so would correct problem. i am learning that re-sale value is poor. msrp was $29700 and wholesale value (acv) one year later is about $17000. most people who see and ride in this car like it but i am not sure i would purchase another diamante.

great car for the money.
By vito manco on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i feel this car rides like an expensive car. It is fun to drive and its very comfortable, the stereo is great and its a real head turner.

personal
By amis on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

the car is the best buy out there right now. it is comfortable, and very affordable.

A car with cachet!
By schlemba on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's been one month now and I'm more pleased than with any other new car purchase I've had. This car gets the looks - I've even been approached at a gas station and asked abou it. Sure, it doesn't have the horsepower of the top Maxima or Accord but the spunky torque takes you from nothing to something quickly enough. If you're undecided, here's a test - count the number of Camrys, Maximas, Accords, and Altimas you see in a day. Then count how many Diamante VR-Xs you see. That's the cachet you can't put a price on.

great so far
By peyebp4 on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

only one month old so far, so good

Totally underestimated
By elittlej on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first Dimante in 1993. I did not realize how wonderful of a car it was until I have gone through a 96 Jag XJ6 and 98 Cadillac Seville. Ultimately, it was the best car I have ever owned. Therefore, I am back at the helm of 2002. For the money, you can't beat the equipment. The style, handling and standard features match those of much more expensive cars. In the state of the economy, I am definately for getting the most for my money. I would recommend a test drive.