Used 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Owner
By Mangham

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent value. Too bad they quit making it. It has been extremely reliable. I have spend virtually nothing on maintenance after 60 months. The USA could learn something from this car designed in Japan and built by the our Australian friends. QMI used with this vehicle since new. At speeds of 70-75 mph I have been averaging 27 mpg.

Favorite Features

The interior looks like a more expensive car. It has a quality build with a few exceptions.

Suggested Improvements

Only one, the windows need a better seal for wind noise reduction at speeds above 60.

Just OK but the transmission stinks
By atcdav

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The styling is not bad. It has a descent amount of amenities for the price. The big seller for me was the 6 year 0% interest financing. That equals an unbeatable value. It has a roomy passenger compartment and plenty of leg room in the back seat. The memory seat function is flawed. It erases itself regularly. Alao, it has no home link for garage remote. The heated mirrors are poor. The worst feature must be the transmission. I have had in in the shop several times for the transmission. It has shift "flairs". It feels like it slips. I have had the clutches replaced, the valve body and ports replaced but the problem persists. Not 100% of the time but maybe 40-50%. It is very annoying and for this reason alone, I cannot wait to sell it.

Favorite Features

Roominess, moonroof

Suggested Improvements

too late...discontinued

An Honest Review of the Diamante
By Diamante Driver

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante new in 8/02, just over 3 years ago. It has very quick pickup and the heated leather seats are nice when it's freezing. The traction control is great. The car responds quickly. Its gas mileage isn't wonderful, but it's OK. The trunk is very spacious, but I would like to see a trunk cargo net as standard equipment. The only repairs that I have needed to make have been a lousy battery, and engine light stayed on unnecessarily, also some minor repairs. The warranty is lousy! It should be 50,000 or 5 years. I only have 34,000 miles on my car and the warranty is gone! Overall this is a very nice luxurious car but, it is priced too high.

Favorite Features

The heated leather seats, V6 engine, and quick pickup. This car is a head-turner. I like having a car that is unique and not like every other vehicle on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price. Add a cargo net and 6 CD changer as standard equipment. Add a warning light for low gas and windshield washer fluid. Increase the warranty. Offer incentives to returning Mitsubishi customers.

By Happy in Houston

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this fine pre-owned automobile in 11/03 w/ 32000 miles for around $14k. Half it's new retail price. I have not had one single problem (other than brake job). Only pure enjoyment of this luxury/sport sedan. Everything that made me want this car to begin with still has me smiling today. My previous car was a Lexus LS 400 and I sold it due to high mileage and scary repair probablities. I had to find something that compared to its ride quality and luxury and performance for a reasonable price and this Mitsubishi fits the bill perfectly!

Favorite Features

Power, luxurious interior, comfortable ride, and overall VALUE and dependability.

Suggested Improvements

If they could improve the gas mileage and keep the power, do it. Otherwise its not critical. Wife says the baby seat is a little cramped in back seat.

2D One
By screens123

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second one,this is for the wife,Blk/Blk V-RX great handling w/sport look and power to boot....

Favorite Features

Handling,Handling,Handling

Suggested Improvements

CD-changer 6 would be good.