2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Mourning my loss
By Steven Cain on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2002 LS on Ebay on 11-17- 03 and got a heck of a deal, still under warranty. Totaled the car in 02- 04. Did not own the car long enough to give a good evaluation of it. Tremendous praise for the car in the crash. I put the nose of the car into a '97 Ford Mustang's door who failed to yield right of way ( ran a stop sign ) at 60 MPH and punted the Mustang some 150 Ft like a football. From the "A" pillars back there was "NO" damage. The only damage inside the cabin was the airbags deployed. The car held together well for such a violent impact!

Luxo At Half The Price!!
By DOntTryItX on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

ok, I bought this car USED (2002, With 20k Miles Still Under factory Wrty, For 14k) So I Personally like RESALE VALUES to Go down (Its a 30k Car) I Buy all cars 1 yr old or 2 yr's, for Half the Price. - if your a smart CONSUMER, do not buy this car NEW!! You will lose around 15k The First Year....

Buy One!
By Diamante on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new leftover '02 and paid 21K for it. I have had no problems and get 22 mpg in combination driving. I love the car and it looks better than any Acura/Lexus/Infinity. After all the Acura TL is just a Honda Accord, the Infinity I30 is just a Nissan Maxima and the Lexus ES300 is nothing more than a Toyota Camry. Why pay big money for a slightly fancier version of their run of the mill vehicles. The styling and the smooth ride of the Diamante, plus the fact that everybody and his brother doesn't own one, made the decision to buy easy for me.

My Opinion Hasn't Changed! VRX Rocks
By KentS on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my VR-X in 2002 and now have over 50K on it (I'm a frequent commuter between Charleston, SC and Atlanta -- if you don't blink you'll see me) and this is a great car! My only complaint is the terrible Goodyear Tires that I'm getting ready to replace. Sorry to say that I see one on the road every now and then, so it's not quite as unique as it used to be, but that's good news for some.

VRX- fun to drive
By BigSheek on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive and new dash is eye catching. Sleek new lines but gas mileage could be better. Less than what was advertised.

VRX Baby
By bucs35674 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great Car, Quick response in all aspects of driving, very fun to drive. However I am a little concerned about the resale value.

Close, but no cigar
By Augie on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First read the reviews of the vehicle and was a wary buyer. The reviews did not mention the "wander" on flat, open highways, but have found little of the review material to be correct. Overall, good car for the money but the gas mileage could be improved and the "wander" needs eliminated. Also, at 5'11", the drivers seat has to be all the way back and the rear of the seat in a reclined position to be comfortable.

Awesome ride!
By lovein it on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have bought this car I have loved every minute of it. It is more fun to drive then my friends Lexus and has much more power. It has a great vaule to me for my budget and gets many looks going down the road. Its one classy car.

TO SMALL AND TO MUCH $$$
By David Gibson on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For A big person look elseware no room for your leg and small seat. Fun to drive quick and nice leather seats.

Could be a great car!
By Sicilian on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Diamante is a good car and could be a great car. A lot of noises from the rear suspension, old fashioned door design (no door frame) makes wind noise, low seating position, and most of all TERRIBLE RESALE VALUE!! This was a $28,000 plus car, barely worth half of the MSRP. Compare resale value to that of a Toyota Avalon or Nissan Maxima. Don't buy this car unless you want to keep it until the whels fall off. Mitubishi needs to either fix this car and eliminate on its poor image or PULL THE PLUG ! ! Barrcuda