Used 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Old but new
By p cola

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Diamante a little over a month ago w/ 94000 miles on it and it runs great so far. When I first set my eyes on it I had to have it. Even though it may be old to someone else it's new to me and I am glad I chose it over any newer car. I get tons of compliments seeing as though there aren't a million Diamantes in the area and I like that. I was very impressed with the stereo system. I love to play loud music, unfortunately I bust them. I love my car and I wish there was an 2007. I don't want anything else but a Diamante. Even my ex-husband gives my compliments. Gas mileage is not the greatest, but who cares. My car looks good and I look good in it.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and the body.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo system could have taken more of a beating.

Jury's Still Out
By Mary

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would love this car, but so far I have put mucho bucks back in it already. The heater core died first - thank goodness we got the extended warranty. Then one of the auto window stops broke the first time I used it. Our Chevy full size truck and old Explorer got better gas mileage. I thought we would be doing better in that area. The ride is very comfortable, but the wind noise is pretty bad. The sun visors are worthless for short people. I love the trunk size. The defrost is wayyy too slow. The stereo is nice, and cruise works great. There are a lot of cup holders, but they don't hold large sized drinks. If I had it to do again, I think I would keep looking. You win some, you lose some.

Favorite Features

The trunk size is great. The stereo is good. The cruise control is good. The ride is smooth. The electronic seat adjustments work great for a family with one tall and two short drivers. The back seat isn't horribly cramped for tall in-laws.

Suggested Improvements

It should get much better gas mileage! It needs to have better sun visors - maybe add an optional side visor like in the Explorer - I used it all the time. The air noise from the door panels, get rid of it. Give it a more powerful defrost up front.

Great Car, but
By fmad

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had the chance to own this car for five months before it was wrecked. I was pleased. The LS series is extremely comfortable, three people easily fit in the back, and I receive nothing but compliments on the car. Standard, the car comes with eight premium speakers, which deliver great sound. The body looks stylish and the front has a downward curve that makes the car unique. In the winter on a cold start, the car would make an awful clicking noise that could be heard 1/2 a block away. I hear this also happens to the same year Galants. The noise does die out once it gets heated up. Even after new breaks and pads I couldn't help to hear an awful clutch when breaking normally. This didn't happen all the time.

Favorite Features

The stereo, 6 CD changer, and comfort.

The Most Bang for the Buck
By Steve

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mitsubishi's high end Diamante is a shining star. It has all the features of Mercedes' E-Class for barely half the price.

Favorite Features

The dual heated seats and TCL.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again.

Watch Out for the Heater Core!
By justin

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car. It has great style and great reliability - except for the infamous heater core that Mitsubishi refuses to recall. Make sure there is no syrup smell to the Diamante you are looking to purchase.

Favorite Features

The exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seats need to fold down for pass through for access to the trunk.