2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Old but new
By p cola on 10/25/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Diamante a little over a month ago w/ 94000 miles on it and it runs great so far. When I first set my eyes on it I had to have it. Even though it may be old to someone else it's new to me and I am glad I chose it over any newer car. I get tons of compliments seeing as though there aren't a million Diamantes in the area and I like that. I was very impressed with the stereo system. I love to play loud music, unfortunately I bust them. I love my car and I wish there was an 2007. I don't want anything else but a Diamante. Even my ex-husband gives my compliments. Gas mileage is not the greatest, but who cares. My car looks good and I look good in it.

Jury's Still Out
By Mary on 03/12/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would love this car, but so far I have put mucho bucks back in it already. The heater core died first - thank goodness we got the extended warranty. Then one of the auto window stops broke the first time I used it. Our Chevy full size truck and old Explorer got better gas mileage. I thought we would be doing better in that area. The ride is very comfortable, but the wind noise is pretty bad. The sun visors are worthless for short people. I love the trunk size. The defrost is wayyy too slow. The stereo is nice, and cruise works great. There are a lot of cup holders, but they don't hold large sized drinks. If I had it to do again, I think I would keep looking. You win some, you lose some.

Great Car, but
By fmad on 03/02/07 11:47 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had the chance to own this car for five months before it was wrecked. I was pleased. The LS series is extremely comfortable, three people easily fit in the back, and I receive nothing but compliments on the car. Standard, the car comes with eight premium speakers, which deliver great sound. The body looks stylish and the front has a downward curve that makes the car unique. In the winter on a cold start, the car would make an awful clicking noise that could be heard 1/2 a block away. I hear this also happens to the same year Galants. The noise does die out once it gets heated up. Even after new breaks and pads I couldn't help to hear an awful clutch when breaking normally. This didn't happen all the time.

The Most Bang for the Buck
By Steve on 11/05/06 22:03 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mitsubishi's high end Diamante is a shining star. It has all the features of Mercedes' E-Class for barely half the price.

Watch Out for the Heater Core!
By justin on 11/05/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car. It has great style and great reliability - except for the infamous heater core that Mitsubishi refuses to recall. Make sure there is no syrup smell to the Diamante you are looking to purchase.

Owner
By Mangham on 10/29/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent value. Too bad they quit making it. It has been extremely reliable. I have spend virtually nothing on maintenance after 60 months. The USA could learn something from this car designed in Japan and built by the our Australian friends. QMI used with this vehicle since new. At speeds of 70-75 mph I have been averaging 27 mpg.

Just OK but the transmission stinks
By atcdav on 03/10/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The styling is not bad. It has a descent amount of amenities for the price. The big seller for me was the 6 year 0% interest financing. That equals an unbeatable value. It has a roomy passenger compartment and plenty of leg room in the back seat. The memory seat function is flawed. It erases itself regularly. Alao, it has no home link for garage remote. The heated mirrors are poor. The worst feature must be the transmission. I have had in in the shop several times for the transmission. It has shift "flairs". It feels like it slips. I have had the clutches replaced, the valve body and ports replaced but the problem persists. Not 100% of the time but maybe 40-50%. It is very annoying and for this reason alone, I cannot wait to sell it.

An Honest Review of the Diamante
By Diamante Driver on 11/08/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante new in 8/02, just over 3 years ago. It has very quick pickup and the heated leather seats are nice when it's freezing. The traction control is great. The car responds quickly. Its gas mileage isn't wonderful, but it's OK. The trunk is very spacious, but I would like to see a trunk cargo net as standard equipment. The only repairs that I have needed to make have been a lousy battery, and engine light stayed on unnecessarily, also some minor repairs. The warranty is lousy! It should be 50,000 or 5 years. I only have 34,000 miles on my car and the warranty is gone! Overall this is a very nice luxurious car but, it is priced too high.

By Happy in Houston on 02/26/05 17:59 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this fine pre-owned automobile in 11/03 w/ 32000 miles for around $14k. Half it's new retail price. I have not had one single problem (other than brake job). Only pure enjoyment of this luxury/sport sedan. Everything that made me want this car to begin with still has me smiling today. My previous car was a Lexus LS 400 and I sold it due to high mileage and scary repair probablities. I had to find something that compared to its ride quality and luxury and performance for a reasonable price and this Mitsubishi fits the bill perfectly!

2D One
By screens123 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second one,this is for the wife,Blk/Blk V-RX great handling w/sport look and power to boot....