2002 Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 100,000 Miles 2002 Diamante LS

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Review

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

LS Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

100,000 Miles 2002 Diamante LS
By MN on

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my LS for just over 4 years now and have just under 100,000 miles on it having purchased it used with 17k miles. I test drove a variety of vehicles at the time within my price range and options requirements. Nothing else came close to the value of this car. Pblms at 100k miles: 1. One door speaker needs to be replaced 2. Antenna no longer retracts. 3. Roof Liner in back has started to droop Minor issues, but lead to a problem; replacement parts are hard to come by due to the rarity of the car. Mechanically its been a rock. Zero Dollars past scheduled maintenance so far. I am still in love with this car 4 years later.

Favorite Features

Rarity! Something like only 10k a year imported means you don't see dozens of them at every red light! Love the interior. Heated / Power seats are wonderful. Stereo quite good up until one speaker started buzzing. Homelink - every car should have this. Trunk space is great.

Suggested Improvements

As much as I love this car it is hard to recommend it from the used car lot. While it has been a extremely reliable for me its rarity means that the easiest source for replacement parts will be the Dealerships with all the excessive costs associated...