2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Excellent Value
By jrbruner on 08/07/12 18:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I read all the reviews before I bought this car, and the power train was highly rated. This car is quiet, comfortable, powerful and reliable. I have the LS with the heated, 8-way power seats w/power lumbar and love it. This car was virtually unchanged from 98 until last year, 2004. The engine is smooth, and responsive and I get much better mileage than edmunds says. I measured 30 mpg highway in SoCal. Transmission failed at 75k (apparently common). Had it fixed by the pros at SoCal Transmission in San Diego and not a lick of trouble since. Heater core is recurrent problem w/these cars. These sell for much less than comp. Acura CL or 3.2 TL.

Started out ok
By bconboy on 12/28/11 13:27 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In its early years this car was a good car, some maintenance as expected I guess (but pretty pricy for this imported car). But as others have said, once things started going, they went fast. Had to replace alternator, muffler, tires (worn on inside) and I don't know what else in a pretty short amount of time, and now it sometimes won't even start. I've asked around and no one knows why, we replaced the magnet at the end of the crankshaft, because it had actually blinked out and died on me while driving, but seemed to be only a temporary solution.

Big Mistake
By never again on 01/11/10 14:19 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Worst mistake I made, uncomfortable ride, too much road noise, just generally unhappy with the car. Didn't want to be upside down on a trade, so I kept it. Lots of little annoying problems, that I was not used to dealing with in other cars purchase. Due to road noise would rent a car if going over 100 miles. Just bought 2010 Acura. I'll never go back.

100,000 Miles 2002 Diamante LS
By MN on 03/24/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my LS for just over 4 years now and have just under 100,000 miles on it having purchased it used with 17k miles. I test drove a variety of vehicles at the time within my price range and options requirements. Nothing else came close to the value of this car. Pblms at 100k miles: 1. One door speaker needs to be replaced 2. Antenna no longer retracts. 3. Roof Liner in back has started to droop Minor issues, but lead to a problem; replacement parts are hard to come by due to the rarity of the car. Mechanically its been a rock. Zero Dollars past scheduled maintenance so far. I am still in love with this car 4 years later.

Great car
By Myfirstreview on 03/15/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased in 2003, It now has 140,000 miles on it. After about 130,000k, it started to burn a little oil at high rpms, guess this is kinda my fault for always driving like a maniac and always in a hurry.. Anyways, now, if i keep it at low rpms the engine is fine, I haven't had any problems with the transmission, heater and a/c works great.. Has been in two wrecks and this car holds up really well, regular maintenance and good driving habits this car will last a LONG time.. I mean, nothing is broken, it all works fine, and is what, 8 years old with 140k miles on it, great buy!

Great Car!!!
By RRR on 02/19/09 15:50 PM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car for the price. Handles well in snow and all has all the goodies for the price.

Looks Great!
By 7Mick on 07/29/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I love this car. Like many others though. I too had the transmission problems. Even after the fix. Still not right! The car is so great to look at. Kind of a Beemer front and a Volvo back. But very unique. Drives like a much bigger car with its smooth ride. I am a chauffeur and when I get out of my town car I don't mind jumping into this car!

i love it
By john on 05/07/08 23:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First I felt love by the look, but soon I've realized its performance. I wish we could buy this car in Europe. One of the best looking car I have ever seen. More luxurious than the price tag would tell you.

Old but new
By p cola on 10/25/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Diamante a little over a month ago w/ 94000 miles on it and it runs great so far. When I first set my eyes on it I had to have it. Even though it may be old to someone else it's new to me and I am glad I chose it over any newer car. I get tons of compliments seeing as though there aren't a million Diamantes in the area and I like that. I was very impressed with the stereo system. I love to play loud music, unfortunately I bust them. I love my car and I wish there was an 2007. I don't want anything else but a Diamante. Even my ex-husband gives my compliments. Gas mileage is not the greatest, but who cares. My car looks good and I look good in it.

Jury's Still Out
By Mary on 03/12/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would love this car, but so far I have put mucho bucks back in it already. The heater core died first - thank goodness we got the extended warranty. Then one of the auto window stops broke the first time I used it. Our Chevy full size truck and old Explorer got better gas mileage. I thought we would be doing better in that area. The ride is very comfortable, but the wind noise is pretty bad. The sun visors are worthless for short people. I love the trunk size. The defrost is wayyy too slow. The stereo is nice, and cruise works great. There are a lot of cup holders, but they don't hold large sized drinks. If I had it to do again, I think I would keep looking. You win some, you lose some.

1 2 3 4 5 next »